Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1114 SPI Header File Help

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by GMO on Wed Sep 02 09:05:00 MST 2015
Hi!

I'm trying to use the 1114 board and an SPI. I'm new to the whole concept so have been looking at other posts in the forum to get a feel for what the code is doing.

I couldn't find an SPI example code for this board - there is one for the 11u14 and the 812 (which I was using previously). I had a look at these to try and follow the SPI code through.

Because I couldn't find an SPI example code (or SSP - which one of the other threads suggested I used) I tried to make my own using the 11u14 and adapting it for the 1114. However the functions used in these aren't recognised at all. I thought this was due to it not being able to find the header file (e.g. lpc8xx_spi.h) so tried to replicate this for the 1114 - but with no success.

I assume there must be a much simpler way to use the SPI functionality of the 1114 chip - surely there must be some sample code from nxp for the spi.

Please could you help me:

1. find the sample code and header files for the 1114 SPI
OR
2. should I try to adapt the 11u14 or 812 spi code(which one is best?). And how should I go about this??

(If you've used the SPI function on a 1114 board please can you tell me how you went about setting it up - did you simply adapt an example code specifically for the 1114 board.)
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by starblue on Thu Sep 03 01:17:24 MST 2015
Yes, SSP is the recommended peripheral for doing SPI.

The SPI peripheral is older and should only be used for compatibility with old code or if no SSP is available.

https://www.lpcware.com/content/forum/why-prefer-ssp-instead-spi-everywhere-confused-s
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by GMO on Thu Sep 03 01:14:01 MST 2015
Thanks R2D2 for the help. I've checked around and I think I can use the SSP code for the 11C24 and change the setup (as in the user manual) so it works for my board. And the SSP will be able to function as an SP Interface. (please tell me if I've got this wrong though)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by GMO on Thu Sep 03 01:06:28 MST 2015
I couldn't find the downloads for the 1114 or 11xx, but apparently the 11c24 will work for the board I'm using.

But within this there is only an SSP example.

Can I use the SSP code to work the SPI?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by R2D2 on Wed Sep 02 09:37:03 MST 2015
What's wrong with LPCOpen?
0 Kudos