lpcware

LPC1115 SPI relocate

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tzijnge on Fri Jul 26 04:51:32 MST 2013
Hi all,

I have encountered a problem while trying to use the SSP1 module on an LPC1115/303. This module can be relocated to two different outputs on the package. You can use the IOCON_SSEL1_LOC, IOCON_MISO1_LOC, IOCON_MOSI1_LOC and IOCON_SCK1_LOC registers for this. These registers are implemented in the XL series, but not in the L series. I am using the LPCXpresso IDE 5.2.6_2137 and have imported the CMSIS 2.0 library.
My problem is that the IO configuration register definitions in the file lpc11xx.h seem to be valid only for the L series and not for the XL controller I am using. I have solved my problem by manually adding the extra register definitions, but it makes me feel a bit uneasy. Apparently there is no lpcxx.h for the XL series, or I just can't find it.
Is this a known problem? Can anybody help me with this?

Furthermore I think I found a mistake in the user manual for my device (UM10398 rev 12). Table 151 descibes the SSEL1_LOC register. According to the user manual, setting the value 0x0 directs SSEL1 to PIO2_2. This is incorrect and should be PIO2_0.

Thanks.

Outcomes