cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Magic makes my computer crash

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by sipel_tp on Mon Oct 07 04:54:51 MST 2013
I'm using Flash Magic 7.65 to download the hex file to and LPC11d14. Flash Magic is running on a PC with windows 7. The PC does't have a Rs232 interface so I'm using a USB - to COm interface. Flash Magic works well just the first time. When I try to download the hex file to another uc the program stops working and even the computer crashes. Does anyone has a similar problem? I sent a mail to FlashMagic but I has received no answer yet.
Do  you know a solution or an alternative program to FlashMagic?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by capiman on Mon Oct 07 07:14:04 MST 2013
This is good to hear!
Usual manufacturer of such chips are FTDI Chip, Silabs, Prolific and a few others.
Have you perhaps seen such manufacturer when downloading the latest driver?
Can you send a link where to get the driver?
Which driver version are you now using (just in case someone else has same problem)?

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by sipel_tp on Mon Oct 07 06:40:14 MST 2013
I'm using a Manhattan interface. I followed your advice and I installed the drivers the manufacturer provides and not the ones windows installs automatically. Now it's working perfectly. I've flashed the uc several times and the problem hasn't apperered. Thank you very much!!!!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by capiman on Mon Oct 07 04:58:03 MST 2013
Hello Sipel,

which USB to serial converter are you using? At least the manufacturer of the chip inside?
Which driver version have you currently installed?
Have you had a look if there is perhaps a new driver for it compared to the one, which is installed?

Best regards,

Martin
0 Kudos