cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Connect Wiznet W5500EVB board

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by anaynawathe on Mon Jun 08 13:51:09 MST 2015
I am using the W5500EVB board (which should be equivalent to the LPC11E36/501 board according to this "Getting Started" article) and I am trying to debug the example code (loopback and blinky) but I continuously receive an error that reads No compatible emulators available. In my device manager, I do not see a "USB Device with DFU capaibilities". However I know that the COM Port works because it is responsive in Putty. I have made sure that the device is connected to USB 2.0, not 3.0. Running bootLPCXpresso gives me the error "No device connected. Press Download when connected."

Thank you!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Tue Jun 09 11:14:26 MST 2015
You need something with a CMSIS-dap interface.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by R2D2 on Tue Jun 09 11:14:24 MST 2015

Quote: anaynawathe
Does the debug adapter need to be specificly the LPC Link2? Or would another debugger such as an AVR Jtagice be sufficient as long as it can connect with the 10-pin Cortex debug connector for SWD (Serial Wire Debug) on the W5500EVB? I can't seem to find the LPC Link2 readily available.

ATMEL tool support  :D

There's no Link2 (EA-XPR-200) available  :quest:

http://www.embeddedartists.com/products/lpcxpresso/lpclink2.php

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?KeyWords=EA-XPR-200&WT.z_header=search_go
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by anaynawathe on Tue Jun 09 10:53:26 MST 2015
Does the debug adapter need to be specificly the LPC Link2? Or would another debugger such as an AVR Jtagice be sufficient as long as it can connect with the 10-pin Cortex debug connector for SWD (Serial Wire Debug) on the W5500EVB? I can't seem to find the LPC Link2 readily available.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Mon Jun 08 14:17:37 MST 2015
You need to buy a debug adapter, such as LPC Link2. The W5500EVB does not have one built in.
0 Kudos