Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC11u6x FatFS port

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bboyd17 on Tue Sep 22 12:43:46 MST 2015
Does anyone know if FatFS has been ported to the LPC11u6x processor family, on the OM13058 development board?

This seems to be missing from the example code in v2.06 of LPCOpen for the LPC11u6x

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by elgarbe on Thu Oct 15 19:02:55 MST 2015
I've port it to a custom lpc11u67 board.
The board:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d3z8qib348o4qjc/AAAnYl2derGEUOVHcJrhEyOba?dl=0

The code:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6vwevxe95nrk18b/AACXyQDuRPKDcXwBj9mRu7Fsa?dl=0

on these days I have to make a project that use an SD card and I have to use this port, so if you have questions,please let me know.

Leonardo

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bboyd17 on Fri Oct 09 00:49:51 MST 2015
Thanks for the pointer, I will have another look.

I had decided to roll my sleeves up and crack on writing the required functions, but obviously if I can port mmc_ssp.c easily that would be a better solution. The issue I had was that a number of functions provided by the LPC1768 board API are not present in the LPC11u68 implementation of LPCOpen, which was complicating matters. I may be these functions were provided in the LPC1114 LPCOpen, which would have made the port simpler.

If the worst comes to the worst, I'll just need to write the necessary functions myself - all good experience for a (former) hardware engineer!

Many thanks
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Badman on Thu Oct 08 12:00:42 MST 2015
From what I remember from the example for LPC1768 simply move the file mmc_ssp.c
As I have time to write you a port for LPC1114.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bboyd17 on Thu Oct 01 09:01:46 MST 2015
Having looked at the LPC1768 FatFS implementation, I'm not so sure that a port is quite so simple. The LPC1768 has additional source code (sdmmc_17xx_8x.c  & sdmmc.c) included in the chip definition which is not provided as part of the LPC11u6x. Thus there is a lot of functionality that needs to be replicated in order to be able to use the drivers provided as part of the LPC1768.

I note that v3.x of LPCOpen is starting to roll out, so perhaps the drivers may be ported across to the LPC11u6x. Its very easy to add a microSD ardunio shield to the LPC11u6x dev board, so providing the drivers would greatly add to the offering.

Meantime, I've found a somewhat simpler version of FatFS from microbuilder.eu to port. It was originally provided for the LPC1114. Although the functions don't quite match, it looks like it should be easy enough to re-map functions across to the LPCOpen equivalents.

Rgds.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Badman on Fri Sep 25 09:55:17 MST 2015
Himself write port for LPC11U6x. Just write the exchange data over the SPI. On page http://elm-chan.org/fsw/ff/00index_e.html you have sample for LPC176x.
0 Kudos