cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Header file for ROM for LPC11U2x

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by DiligentMinds.com on Fri Aug 24 16:03:24 MST 2012
Does anyone know where I can find an all-in-one header file (and user-manual) for the built-in ROM code on the LPC11U24?  I have found bits and pieces here and there, and can construct a monolithic header file on my own, but I would rather have an officially supported one from NXP.

There is a *LOT* of code and functionality in the ROM, but it is practically worthless without a header file, some example code, and a good user-manual.  I am not asking for source-code to the ROM (which would be nice), but a cleaner way of using the device.

The ROM code on these devices has been out for a long while, and I am certain that whomever wrote the firmware that lives in the ROM has a header file for using the user-level API into the firmware, but I am having a hard time finding it.  (Yes, I know that there might be a different header file for different die revision numbers, but I can deal with that on my end).

Anyone?

TIA,

Ken
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mrob on Thu Oct 11 12:30:41 MST 2012
I'm in the same boat you are.
For now, I've just hacked together the different rom examples to make my own header files.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by DiligentMinds.com on Mon Aug 27 14:24:33 MST 2012
Thanks for the link, but I have already seen this.  I have found numerous examples of usage of the ROM firmware, but they are all scattered in different bits of example code for the different features.  In addition, the ROM firmware has a *LOT* more functionality than just USB drivers-- like power profile control, built-in divide functions, multiple USB drivers, in-circuit-programming, etc. etc. etc.  There is no description of possible interactions of the various ROM features.  [IMHO], code-examples do not substitute for a well-written user-manual.

I have not (yet) seen an all-in-one header file that allows access to *ALL* of the features available in the ROM firmware.  In fact, for some of the features claimed in the data-sheets (at least for the LPC11U2x), I have found no examples, and no documentation.

What I would like (and I'm betting everyone else would like this too), is a single header file that contains APIs for *ALL* of the ROM firmware features, a PDF user manual for the same, and example code that shows how to use each feature.  All of this could be combined into a single ZIP file for download.  Because some of the parts have more features than others, and the APIs might change between die revisions, there either needs to be separate header files for different parts and/or die revisions, or some kind of mechanism (using "#defines") to automatically configure the header file for each specific device and die revision.

I could do this myself using all of the documentation and example code that is out there, but it would be missing some of the ROM features because NXP has released no documentation or example code for some of the features.  In addition, if *_I_* create this file and example code (and say, post it here on this forum), it will not be officially supported-- and might become out of date as ROM code changes with different die revisions, etc.  *THAT* is why I would like to see NXP provide an officially supported header-file, a user-manual, and some code examples.

The data-sheets for these parts claim the device has a ROM with a lot of nice features, but there is no easy (and supported) way to access these features.

I will continue to use the hodgepodge of already provided scatter-ware, but that is *NOT* ideal, and I am still missing some of the promised features, since that information can be found nowhere (or is so well hidden that it is difficult to find).

Just sayin'
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kpa on Mon Aug 27 04:49:43 MST 2012
See this link:
http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/usb-rom-driver-examples-using-lpcxpresso-lpc11uxx

kpa
0 Kudos