Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importing examples of v1.03

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tmune on Sun Aug 18 22:02:40 MST 2013
Hi all,
Did anybody try to import lpcopen\applications\lpc11xx\xpresso_projects for lpc11u14? Following the guide on Quickstart for Code Red Xpresso, all I can find in projects are .files( .cproject and .project), there is no c file contains main() or startup c file. The names of files show up in Project Explore, however.
I use 64-bit Windows 7 and no problems importing the projects for LPC1347 examples but not for LPC11u14.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Takashi
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tmune on Thu Aug 22 10:04:21 MST 2013
Paul,
I thought that I have an option of copying all sources from the existing projects to new project. Instead of clicking Import project(s) in QuickStart Panel, if you use File -> New -> Project, Select General -> Existing .. before you click Finish button in Import project(s) window, you see the check box of "Copy projects to workspace". By checking this box you can copy all the existing resources including c source files to new project you are creating.
This option is grayed out if you follow your instruction of go through via Quickstart Panel. These two instructions did not give me a new working projects. The only way I can import the project is via File -> New -> Project .. and not checking the option I'm talking about.
Thanks
Takashi
PS. I include the picture of Import project(s) window. I hope it shows up right.
[img=700x753]C:\Users\takashi\lpc\lpc1114\importProject.png[/img][/img]
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by NXP_Paul on Tue Aug 20 06:16:42 MST 2013
Takashi
The source files do not necessarily appear in the same folders as the project files within the LPCOpen directory structure on your hard drive.  For example, if you open nxp_xpresso_11u14_periph_blinky in LPCXpresso, it will show a "blinky.c" and "cr_start_up_lpc11xx.c" file.
The "blinky.c" file is actually found in the "LPCOpen\applications\lpc11xx\examples\periph\periph_blinky\blinky.c" directory on your hard drive, while the "cr_startup_lpc11xx.c" file can be found in the "LPCOpen\applications\lpc11xx\startup_code\cr_startup_lpc11xx.c" directory.

-Paul
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tmune on Mon Aug 19 18:45:51 MST 2013
Thanks, Paul.
I followed your instruction. The result is the same, I can not see any source files in any of the project directories. For example, dir output of nxp_xpresso_11u14_periph_blinky is

[list]
  C:\lpcopen\wsLpc11x14Example\ex1Ws\nxp_xpresso_11u14_periph_blinky>dir
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 7404-EEC1

Directory of C:\lpcopen\wsLpc11x14Example\ex1Ws\nxp_xpresso_11u14_periph_blinky

08/19/2013  08:09 PM    <DIR>          .
08/19/2013  08:09 PM    <DIR>          ..
05/10/2013  10:17 AM            23,618 .cproject
05/09/2013  01:43 PM             1,221 .project
               2 File(s)         24,839 bytes
               2 Dir(s)  262,154,588,160 bytes free

C:\lpcopen\wsLpc11x14Example\ex1Ws\nxp_xpresso_11u14_periph_blinky>
[/list]
Takashi
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by NXP_Paul on Mon Aug 19 10:46:21 MST 2013
Takashi
Assuming you have unzipped LPCOpen to the root directory of your hard drive, you can try the following procedure:
1. Right-click in the LPCXpresso Project Explorer, from the pop-up menu, select "Import"
2. In the Import dialog box, select "General", then "Existing Project into Workspace".  Press the "Next" button.
3. Browse to the LPC11Uxx project directory. For example, if LPCOpen is installed in the root directory, then it would be
   C:\LPCOpen\applications\lpc11xx\xpresso_projects\nxp_xpresso_11u14
4. You can select all the projects you want to use, but you can also just include the projects that you need to run a specific example.  For this example, let's say we want to make a Generic HID Device.  For this, I would deselect all, then just select "nxp_xpresso_11u14_board_lib", "nxp_xpresso_11U14_usb_GenericHIDDevice", and "nxp_xpresso_11U14_usblib_device".  Press the "Finish" button.

If you look in the "nxp_xpresso_11u14_GenericHIDDevice" project folder, you will see a file called "GenericHID.c".  This file contains the main() function.  The folder also contains the start-up file (cr_startup_lpc11xx.c).

Now you can build and debug the project.
0 Kudos