cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with release firmware on lpc11u35/401

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by marcello.ioppolo on Thu Sep 05 03:24:24 MST 2013
Dear users,

we are currently developing a geotracker that builds in an NXP lpc11u35/401 microcontroller. We are experiencing the following problem:
the debug version of our firmware runs perfectly through our emulator, buti if we run the same firmware in release mode the device gets stuck and the uart handler that manages the communications between microcontroller and gprs module does not communicate properly (wrong messages from gprs module).
We run both debug and release firmware with no optimization.
What can be the reason to this problem?

Thanks a lot for your support.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by MarcVonWindscooting on Fri Sep 13 16:46:57 MST 2013
To my experience, a program working in one compilation configuration but not running in some other is a strong indication to memory access violations (in my programs). I bet, your code is simply buggy, doing some structure/variable overwriting  ;-) 
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by marcello.ioppolo on Thu Sep 05 05:52:48 MST 2013
thank you very much for your support.

however we run the code in release mode with -O0 optimization that means no optimization at all, so the size is not decreased.

any other suggestion please?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Sep 05 05:33:22 MST 2013
Please read this FAQ, which will give you some hints for looking for the problems in your code.
http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/CompilerOptimization
0 Kudos