LPC4330-Xplorer UsbDevice - Run from Ram?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC4330-Xplorer UsbDevice - Run from Ram?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nsmith17044 on Tue Feb 23 08:59:34 MST 2016
I have an LPC4330-Xplorer with Xpresso 7.9 and LPC-Link 2.  Have been able to program flash and run blinky project from the NGX examples.

I've been trying to build and run the UsbDevice sample.  It appears that this only runs from Ram but I cannot figure out how to setup the linker / debugger to target the build and debug from ram.  Can someone please shed light on this?  I can't seem to find anything in the NGX documentation.  A link or reference to documentation that explains this would be helpful.

Does anyone know why this can't run from flash?  When I try that it always cause some type of very low level chip fault when the end point configuration registers are changed during USBReset().  Only a power cycle can clear this state and the Link2 can not make a connection until this is done.

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nsmith17044 on Wed Feb 24 08:29:04 MST 2016
Since this question has now strayed from the original topic and have no responses, I created a new topic: LPC43xx - USB Device MSC Rom API - Device Memory size > 4GB

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nsmith17044 on Tue Feb 23 12:54:56 MST 2016
After working with the USBD rom API a bit it seems that very large target memory devices would not be supported beyond 4GB.  Is this interpretation correct?  Therefore it seems that a firmware based stack would be the only option to support large memory devices.  The goal is ultimately connect to an microSD memory card on the mmc bus.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nsmith17044 on Tue Feb 23 11:18:39 MST 2016
I found the USBD_ROM_MSC_RAM example in the LPCOpen samples for the part and this seems to work fine running from the SPIFI device.  I haven't figured out the differences yet but at least I'm moving forward.
0 Kudos