Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PinMux tool for LPC43xx - Altium Schematic Symbol

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by williar on Tue Oct 29 15:13:49 MST 2013
Hi all,

I have downloaded "LPC43xx PinMux ver1 20121018" that supports the 43x series devices with built-in flash. However I cannot find a version for the 43x that will generate an Altium Schematic Symbol like the new pinmux tool LPCXpert V2.2 for LPC1000 and 4000 family.

Does anyone know if i can do this for the 43xx family, specifically 4333?

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by avr458 on Sun Nov 24 14:13:27 MST 2013
Altium has all the parts on their site, you can just download all the footprints.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Pacman on Sun Nov 17 03:17:35 MST 2013
Just in case you did not receive my email, here is the result of your files matched against my files:
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by williar on Tue Nov 12 17:36:00 MST 2013
Thanks! Will give a shot sometime soon
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Pacman on Sat Nov 09 11:50:09 MST 2013
I've now added the pin-data for all the LPC43xx (below 4370) to my JavaScript.
If you've finished your own pinconfig files, you can try matching them against mine, in order to verify that both mine and yours are correct.
If you haven't finished your own pinconfig files, you can download my JavaScript and grab the pin information from there. Should be easy to dump the information using console.log(...);
Hint: Copy your pin-information to a new text-file, use find/replace to convert into JavaScript and make the JavaScript do the verification for you. ;)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by williar on Wed Oct 30 20:15:34 MST 2013
Thanks for the offer on the excell sheet. I found that the pinmux tool does a pretty good job. Once configured, i am simlpy manually copying over the displayed pin name (one that i have chosen when the pins are multiplexed) into the Altium schematic symbol. 60% done, so will just keep going!

Cheers,
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Pacman on Wed Oct 30 20:06:24 MST 2013
I'm using the JBD144 here right now. Unfortunately I went the hard way about this; creating a spread-sheet with all the pins and functions, then moved the rows around and grouped them, colorized them, etc.

-So I did not get any fancy symbols (I was too lazy to create a JavaScript for the 144 pin version, even though that was what I needed first).
-If you want the spreadsheet, I can try exporting to excel-format and comma-separated (as it's made using Apple's "Numbers" application).
-Send me a PM if you want it. It could be a start if you can write the symbols as a text-file.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by williar on Wed Oct 30 13:06:17 MST 2013
Thanks Pacman, your script may come in handy another time as unfortunately right now I'm using a JBD144 package.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Pacman on Tue Oct 29 23:04:41 MST 2013
What kind of package ?

If it's a FET256, you could try playing with the javascript I have on one of my Web-sites...
http://arm.gpio.dk/lpc43xx.html
...But beware: THERE IS NO SAVE FUNCTION - so your work will be lost as soon as you close the window.
It only generates output for OsmondPCB, as I do not know how any other formats.
Of course, it also generates text-output, but the OsmondPCB output is more likely to be useful.
0 Kudos