Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't program and run LPC4357

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by J@N on Fri Apr 17 16:16:57 MST 2015
Hi,

I've made my own board with LPC4357. JTAG, LCD, SDRAM (as frame buffer), GPIO works well, the only problem was with RTC (another post). I already know that it was because of bad PCB design or bad valued loading capacitors. There are LCD data wires near the RTC crystal and if I turned the LCD controller off (or make a black screen), RTC works OK.

I wanted to show the RTC crystal signal, so I used an oscilloscope. The microcontroller ran (only turning off/on a LED after a second), RTC was already initialized. I connected probe to RTCX1, then to RTCX2; and then probe to RTCX2 and ground to RTCX1 in the end. The microcontroller stoped working then. I don't know when - if it was by the last oscilloscope connection or after next microcontroller reset. I definitely know that I didn't connect the oscilloscope to another wires than above described. No short circuit.

The microcontroller doesn't run now and I couldn't program it (LPCXpresso/uVision, LPC-LINK2). I also tried manually pull-down P2_7 by reset and then program it, but it didn't help too.

LPCXpresso writes "Error reported by server (redlinkserv.exe): RedlinkAPI: Hardware interface transfer error" or "Error: Read timed out".
uVision writes:"SWD/JTAG Communication Failure".

Could I demage the microcontroller when I used the oscilloscope?
I already had a similar problem, but it was coused by a wrong IC that sometimes held the NRESET continuously in logic zero. NRESET is OK now.
Do you have any tips what can I try?

Thanks.
Honza
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by J@N on Sat Apr 18 01:40:10 MST 2015
Hi mc,

I can put LPC4357 in UART ISP mode, but the board is unfortunately not prepared for the USART communication.
MCU has power voltage on all pins where it should be. The LPC-LINK2 works well.

Honza
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Fri Apr 17 17:04:00 MST 2015
Honza,
Can you put device in UART ISP and communicate using terminal program?
0 Kudos