cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCOpen 1.01

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by khfreiberg on Mon Mar 18 11:43:04 MST 2013
Hi,
I am still confused which platform I should use for code. I thought that LPCOpen is a better approach than Keil, since it was newer and seems to be better maintained. But now I am looking to your new 1.01 and find all files renamed, subroutines renamed, .h and .c files merged.
May be I got a little rigid since I am normally working on class-c. But I do not understand why braking code for a useless prefix 'Chip_'. Should I keep what I have or will 1.02 be more stable?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rgledhill on Mon Apr 08 07:12:38 MST 2013

Hi,

Does this mean the standard LPCWare CMSIS distribution will no longer be developed?

Thanks,

Richard

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wellsk on Wed Mar 20 17:06:00 MST 2013
The structure (drivers, API calls, projects, etc.) of LPCOpen and other existing packages are very different. I'm not familiar with the approach Keil uses - is this the lpc43xx Keil CMSIS code bundle?. LPCOpen and the Keil CMSIS code bundle are really different things.

If you are happy with your current package and it works for you or deep into development of a product with it, I wouldn't switch. If you are just starting development or starting a new design with new code, I would start with LPCOpen.

For stability, are you asking about stability of the function APIs? These are mostly stable, but some drivers are in the process of being re-designed (from scratch) to use less memory and generally do things more efficiently with more flexibility. Unfortunately, the APIs for some drivers will change as they are re-written, but they will tend to be limited in scope (so maybe one peripheral in a release).

You can get a list of the v1.02 changes and upcoming features at the links below:
http://www.lpcware.com/content/page/lpcopen-releases-and-versioning-information
http://www.lpcware.com/content/project/lpcopen-platform-nxp-lpc-microcontrollers/lpcopen-upcoming-re...

I hope this helps!
0 Kudos