Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB ROM stack code and documentation

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wlamers on Fri Jun 13 01:25:26 MST 2014
Is the USB ROM stack code for the LPC43xx family available somewhere? I cannot find it. The documentation is way to minimal to understand what is going on exactly.

I have posted another topic in the USB section (USB ROM API bulk OUT endpoint problem), which is related to this one. I am trying to solve the issue by writing the dQH (queue head) and dTD (transfer descriptors) myself, hoping this will work. Although I was assuming that the ROM API function USBD_API->hw->ReadReqEP and alike where priming the endpoints and setting up the queue head and transfer descriptors. But now I am not sure if this is actually the case and more important how it is done exactly. I hope someone can help me out with this.

Also I think NXP isn't doing well keeping the documentation of the ROM stack so minimal. After all I thought the whole idea behind it is to simplify USB integration (and reduce flash memory consumption). This is a great idea obviously. But then we need to know what is going on in the ROM stack.

--- EDIT ---
Maybe good to know: I am writing a custom USB class here, so the CDC, MSC classes etc are of no use.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wlamers on Fri Jun 20 05:54:38 MST 2014
Update:

Since the code of the ROM drivers are unknown I decided to write my own code. Above is solved by modifying the queue head and writing the TD's myself. Updates are made in the EP IRQ's, as is priming of the EP (depending on the class protocol offcourse). Hope this is helpfull for someone else.
0 Kudos