cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with simple program with hsadc

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by leform14 on Wed Apr 20 16:32:37 MST 2016
Hello all,

I am sur that someone have a solution for me, there is my problem :

I have to capture a signal (100 kHz on CTOUT_0) with hsadc at 1 Mhz, in order to do that I try a lot and a lot of things compare to examples and labtool but that still doesn't work.

I do this :

Configure clock for HSADC (verify by Chip_HSADC_GetBaseClockRate and with scope on CLK_BASE_OUT) : OK
Configure fifo size at 8 with packed value
Activate 8 descriptor from table 0
Configure trigger on rising edge of CTOUT_0
For descriptor 0 , set HSADC_DESC_BRANCH_NEXT | HSADC_DESC_MATCH(0x90)| HSADC_DESC_THRESH_NONE |HSADC_DESC_RESET_TIMER
For descriptor 1 to 6, set HSADC_DESC_BRANCH_NEXT | HSADC_DESC_MATCH(1)| HSADC_DESC_THRESH_NONE |HSADC_DESC_RESET_TIMER
For descriptor 7, set HSADC_DESC_HALT | HSADC_DESC_MATCH(1)| HSADC_DESC_THRESH_NONE |HSADC_DESC_RESET_TIMER
Enable interrupts HSADC_INT0_FIFO_FULL
Start by Chip_HSADC_SWTrigger

I simply retrieve first 16 samples (8 fifos with packed samples) and I see discontinuous values that doesn't match with 1 Mhz sampling rate instead of :

L L L L LL H H H H H H

Maybe the sens can be different but that must do this.

What I have is :

L L H H L L H H L L H H L L H H

Somebody sees something that I could have forgotten ?

Please help me, all needs can be helpful.

Best regards,

Mickael
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
bump
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by leform14 on Mon Apr 25 03:25:04 MST 2016
I update my results,

I pass directly to DMA managment with HSADC. I am still on my 100 kHz input sampling at 1 MHz. I control value by Debug UART and I remark that I must set 4 Mhz in order to have my sampling rate of 1 MHz. How can I reach 80 MHz in that case as max input of HSADC clock is 80 Mhz ?

Thanks in advance

Mickael
0 Kudos