cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin mux tool

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by sash-a301 on Sat Nov 09 04:08:55 MST 2013
Hi,

I am newbie on the NXP devices and tools I've a question regarding the pin mux tool.
I was used on slightly different use of the pinmux tools.

Example:
Energymicro tool has already predefined pair pin location for UART0
location 0 Rx-A1 and Tx-B1
location 1 Rx-F10 and Tx-F11
location 2 Rx-A5 and Tx-C5

and I was able to select the location 0 or location 1 or location 2 but not the pin itself, so that means i was unable to select Rx-A1 and Tx-C5 for my UART0. Complete opposite is in NXP pin mux tool (for LPC43xx LBGA256), where I am able to select single pin for Rx and Tx.

My question is, does it matters which pin do I choose for my UART0 Rx(A2, N15, P16, L11) and Tx (A3, T16, R16 or M9)?  

Kind regards, Sash
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Pacman on Mon Nov 11 10:36:25 MST 2013
Feel free to cheat. :)

Grab the Javascript, modify it to output all pin names and functions to for instance the console.log(...) (or a textarea).
Ideas: You could for instance output the pins to a comma-separated (or tab-separated) file for use in your spreadsheet.
If I'm not too lazy and busy, I'll probably add this functionality one day. ;)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by sash-a301 on Sun Nov 10 12:50:25 MST 2013
Pacman thanks for your answer.

You answered 80% with the response to my question and 20% added your PinMux tool. ;)

Quote: Pacman
Short answer: [color=#090]Nope[/color].
Long answer: You need to make sure that the pins you choose do not conflict with other functions you want.

OK, fortunately I have only one problem with the pin function conflict (UART0 and EMC), but there is a workaround which will be used only for board debugging.  

Thanks, Sash

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Pacman on Sat Nov 09 11:46:10 MST 2013
Short answer: [color=#090]Nope[/color].

Long answer: You need to make sure that the pins you choose do not conflict with other functions you want.
For instance, if you want to use the EMC, don't choose an EMC pin for the UART (as there are plenty of UART pins available and plenty of UART interfaces)
Apart from you can choose for yourself, you can boot from the UART0, but [color=#900]only[/color] if you've choosen pins P2_1 and P2_0, which support booting. These conflict with EMC_A12 and EMC_A13, so if you need those, you should use UART3 for booting instead, which does not conflict with any EMC pins.

BTW: You can play around with my pinmux toy.
0 Kudos