cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spifi file system?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by charchar on Thu Nov 07 07:49:54 MST 2013
I'm looking at implementing a file system on the spifi device on my target.  The goal is to be able to mount the file system as a USB mass-storage device to modify files, etc.  And to be able to read/write the files locally from the processor side (without the mass-storage mounted.)

Has anyone done anything similar?

thanks!  
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by charchar on Fri Nov 08 08:40:29 MST 2013
Yeah, I agree the best approach is to use an implementation that's already out there--- like this guy:
http://elm-chan.org/fsw/ff/00index_e.html

mapping it to spifi and then mapping it to USB mass-storage is some work (made easier with the lpcopen code....)

I really like what nxp has done with the spifi controller--- a filesystem implementation for spifi would be useful--- just thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone has done before.  :) 

thanks!

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Pacman on Fri Nov 08 02:26:29 MST 2013
I haven't.
But if you think about it...
You can get SD/MMC USB adapters, which lets you read from SD/MMC cards via the USB on your computer.
So in fact, these must be using the exact same file system as the USB-sticks, right ?

Alright, SPIFI is a SPI-like protocol and the SD/MMC card is a SPI-like protocol.

There are already a few FAT implementations for SD/MMC.

But of course, if you write your own, you are not limited to FAT. Writing your own could lead to something much more sophisticated than 'just FAT'.

(I'm always in favor of re-inventing the wheel; always! [color=#00f]if noone re-invented the wheel, Richard Stallman would not be able to get to his office at Microsoft in time.[/color])
0 Kudos