lpcware

LPC4330 Xplorer Boot from USB0 not working

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by joohyun.seo on Tue Aug 26 13:45:32 MST 2014
Hi All,

I have a LPC4330 Xplorer evaluation board, and I am trying to boot from USB0 following the instruction :
http://www.lpcware.com/content/project/dfu-download-programming-utility-and-security-lpcdfusec-tool

The problem is that when I plugged the USB cable into USB0 port, I cannot see any change in the device manager in my Win7 64-bit machine. Of course, in DFU programmer, the status is displayed as 'NO CONN'.

I have utilized the evaluation board using various examples in LPCOpen_2.12, and now I configured the boot source switch such that (P2_9, P2_8, P1_2, P1_1) to be (Low, High, Low, High) as directed for USB0 boot mode.

Currently, if I connect both USB0, USB1 ports, then the connection through USB1 port is acknowledged as communication port, because I install that VCOM driver for initial peripheral test, but USB0 is not acknowledged by my machine at all. However, when I perform the peripheral test by pressing a switch on the board, then USB0 port is acknowledged because in the middle of the peripheral test, there is a USB0 enumeration as a HID device. Thus, I guess USB0 can still make a connection to the PC.

However, I initially thought that USB0 should be at least acknowledged by the PC once it is connected, but since it doesn't appear in the device manager, I can't even install the WINUSB driver.

Could anyone help me or guide me to solve this issue?

Many thanks in advance.

Outcomes