lpcware

USB Mass Storage Host LPC4350

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 18, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by gregd on Sat Apr 02 09:51:37 MST 2016
Hello,

I am working on developing a USB Mass Storage Host application running on the LPC4350 using LPCOpen v2.12 with IAR EWARM.  I have an application based off the Mass Storage Host example using LPCUSBLIB.  In my application, I need to periodically power up the USB and thumb drive write some data to a file and then power down the USB and thumb drive.  Everything works fine for 2 attempts, but on the third attempt I start running out of memory when Pipe_ConfigurePipe (Pipe.c) calls USB_Memory_Alloc.  The problem seems to be that USB_Mem_Buffer is not being cleared out when I shut down the USB Host.  As a test, I added code to force clearing out USB_Mem_buffer but then I started having problems in AllocQhd (EHCI.c) with HCD_STATUS_NOT_ENOUGH_ENDPOINT.  As far as I can tell, the memory and pipes handling is not cleared out unless an interrupt triggers the USB_Host_DeEnumerate() function through the PortSatusChangeIsr() function.

What is the proper sequence to shut down the Mass Storage USB Host and clear out all memory/resource allocations to allow a clean restart later.  My application is very power sensitive and must only power up the USB host periodically.

Here is the current sequence I am using:

Chip_USB1_Init();
    USB_Init(FlashDisk_MS_Interface.Config.PortNumber, USB_MODE_Host);

USB_ReadWriteFile();

USB_Host_SetDeviceConfiguration(FlashDisk_MS_Interface.Config.PortNumber, 0);
    USB_Disable(FlashDisk_MS_Interface.Config.PortNumber, USB_MODE_Host);

Thanks,
Greg Dunn

Outcomes