cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deep-sleep and USB0 conflict

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wlan8051 on Mon Aug 12 00:20:34 MST 2013
So I'm still trying to put the LPC4330 to Deep-sleep.

To minimize power consumption I'm disabling almost all of the on-chip peripherals using the library function "CGU_ConfigPWR (CGU_PERIPHERAL_T PPType,  FunctionalState en);" before entering sleep mode. I cannot disable CGU_PERIPHERAL_USB0, when I do the CPU only enters the Sleep when debugger is connected. Without a debugger the transition fails. I'm not using the USB interface so I cannot explain this behavior with a bug in my own code.

Anyone care to share experiences with trying to enter a Deep-sleep mode while disabling basically everything to get an absolutely minimum current consumption?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bavarian on Mon Aug 12 09:13:01 MST 2013
Hello,

this sounds like a problem with the right order of shutting things off. Please check in detail what you switch off and in which order. If you shut off a clock which is required for a peripheral, then you will have problems to access this block later, because there is no more clock. I can't really explain the behavior of the debugger.
Attached is a small main.c file from one of my test setups. If you are interested in the complete project (it is for KEIL µVision 4.53), then please come back and I will prepare it.

Best regards,
NXP Technical Support Team
0 Kudos