Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb virtual com example in IAR IDE for Hitex lpxc4350 development board

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by pra18 on Sun Jan 12 23:00:42 MST 2014
Hi all,

Can anybody help me to get a example IAR project for the Hitex lpc4350 board that will be helpful in validating  the usb virtual com port

Thanks in advance,
pra18
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by pra18 on Tue Oct 14 05:08:03 MST 2014
Hi,

I tried to use this project and now able to open a virtual COM port but have a problem.

As it is,  the example works fine without any issues when I run it .

When I disable the infinite loop present after making a call to the USBD_API->hw->Connect  that will read and write through the opened virtual com port
there is a message saying USB device not recognised on the PC side.

This message also comes up and observed when there is a breakpoint on this call.

can anyone point to exactly at which place in the code does the virtual COM port get opened and how to find this in the driver?

This above point is of significance when we try to port the existing USB driver into a code base and we cant afford to run it in a while(1) everytime as it disallows other functionalities.

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by drs on Tue Feb 04 20:50:11 MST 2014
No you should not. nxpUSBlib has been end-of-lifed for device mode controllers. It is only used for host mode now. The device mode examples all use the ROM drivers and stack.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by pra18 on Tue Feb 04 20:13:08 MST 2014
The platform uses lpc43xx .apart from files you mentioned,should I also use USBLIB files ?

thanks,
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by drs on Tue Feb 04 11:52:21 MST 2014
That is hard to estimate without knowing what is on your custom platform.

The USB VCOM example uses the USB ROM drivers so you will want to use the three cdc_.c files in the src folder.

The file sysinit.c is called before main() and sets up all the clocks and enables the peripherals. Your platform will need to do everything this function does.

The call to Board_Init() in the main function does mostly board specific setup for things like LED activity and UART based diagnostics. You can probably get away with not calling this function.

That's probably about it.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by pra18 on Tue Jan 28 20:17:11 MST 2014
Hello,

Thanks for the reply. If I would like to adapt this example into my custom platform and start using USB as VCOM , what are the libraries that I will have to port/integrate into my code ?  Normally what is the extent of effort that would go into this ?

Thanks in advance,
pra
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by drs on Tue Jan 28 11:29:59 MST 2014
You will find a CDC/ACM (virtual serial) example for that board and compiler here: http://www.lpcware.com/system/files/lpcopen_2_04_keil_iar_hitex_eva_4350.zip

The example is in the folder applications\lpc18xx_43xx\examples\usbd_rom\usbd_rom_cdc_vcom
0 Kudos