cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC-Link2 not recognized by Keil uVision5 after reprogrammed using LPCScrypt

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by reservoirman on Tue Oct 06 09:17:03 MST 2015
Hi I'm wondering if anyone else has tried reprogramming LPC-Link2 with CMSIS-DAP firmware using LPCScrypt, getting rid of the Red Link firmware to use with Keil uVision5.  After I did it, uVision cannot talk to it, does not recognize it.  I am trying to debug a LPC1769 board.  Any help would be most appreciated.  Thank you very much!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Fri Oct 09 02:05:00 MST 2015
To follow on from the last post -  I think we need to verify that your LPC-Link2 board is operating correctly.

To do this please follow the recipe below:

1 - Boot LPCScrypt onto the LPC-Link2 board:

C:\nxp\LPCScrypt_152>scripts\boot_lpcscrypt.cmd
Booting LPCScrypt target with "LPCScrypt_83.bin.hdr"
LPCScrypt target booted

2 - Program a test image into the SPIFI flash as supplied in the LPCScrypt install.

C:\nxp\LPCScrypt_152>bin\lpcscrypt program images\Link2_Small_SPIFI.bin SPIFI
Programmed 3868 bytes to 0x14000000 in 0.204s (18.559KB/sec)

3 - Verify that the image has programmed correctly

C:\nxp\LPCScrypt_152>bin\lpcscrypt verify images\Link2_Small_SPIFI.bin SPIFI
Verified 3868 bytes to 0x14000000 in 0.063s (60.085KB/sec)

4 - Call the image directly - you should see the Red LED repeat a sequence of 3 flashes

C:\nxp\LPCScrypt_152>bin\lpcscrypt gotoImage SPIFI

5 - Attach the Link to JP1 (Nearest the USB connector) and re-power the board. The LPC-Link2 should now boot from SPI flash.

If your board is operating correctly, steps 4 and 5 should show the same result i.e. the LED flashing in a repeated sequence of 3 flashes. Please let us know your results.

Yours,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Oct 08 23:50:32 MST 2015
So if the LPC-Link2 is seen as "LPC" after you reboot, that implies that either:

[list]
  [*]Programming of the CMSIS-DAP image into the SPIFI flash on your LPC-Link2 by LPCScrypt has failed. But in this case you should have seen an error.
  [*]You have not fitted a jumper to JP1. Make sure you have fitted the jumper to JP1 and not to JP2.
[/list]
Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by reservoirman on Thu Oct 08 07:14:01 MST 2015
My computer recognizes it as simply "LPC", and yes I have to rerun LPCScrypt again in order for it be recognized as "LPC USB Vcom Port".
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Wed Oct 07 23:52:49 MST 2015

Quote: reservoirman

- To use: make link JP1 (nearest USB) and reboot.

So what happens when you do make JP1 and then power the probe down and power it up again (i.e. disconnect it from the USB port of your PC, then connect it again)? Does it then appear as a CMSIS-DAP probe in Windows Devices and Printers?

As long as you keep JP1 fitted, the board should then always boot as a CMSIS-DAP probe when you connect it. You shouldn't need to keep running LPCScrypt - which is what it sounds like you are doing?

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by reservoirman on Wed Oct 07 09:05:43 MST 2015
Yes I have, but I noticed whether I have the jumper on or not, it doesn't seem to make any difference.  I get the following output regardless:

"Booting LPCScrypt target with "LPCScrypt_83.bin.hdr"
LPCScrypt target booted
Programming LPC-Link2 with "LPC432x_CMSIS_DAP_V5_112.bin.hdr"

- LPC-Link2 programmed with chosen image
- To use: make link JP1 (nearest USB) and reboot.

Connect Next Board then press Space (or CTRL-C to Quit)

Press any key to continue . . ."
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Wed Oct 07 08:41:14 MST 2015
You did follow the instructions given by LPCScrypt, and refit/remove the appropriate jumpers after programming the firmware, right?

https://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/lpc-link2-debug-probe-firmware-programming

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by reservoirman on Wed Oct 07 07:55:22 MST 2015
Thank you, I did have the obsolete driver 1.0.0.0.  Now it's 2.0.0.0 but it's listed as "LPC USB Vcom Port" rather than "LPC-Link2 CMSIS-DAP Vx.xxx".  Furthermore, uVision still cannot see the LPC-Link2.  Also, where I run the command targetinfo on the LPC-Link2, I get the following info:

C:\nxp\LPCScrypt\bin>lpcscrypt.exe targetinfo
LPC4370: - No Internal Flash PartID: 0x230 0x0 Clock: 180000000Hz
SPIFI (W25Q80BV): 0x14000000-0x140fffff (1024K bytes) PageSize: 0x100
ID: Not available (no internal flash)

Please advise on how to proceed.  Thanks!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Tue Oct 06 11:47:33 MST 2015
See: https://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/lpc-link2-failing-enumerate-cmsis-dap-firmware

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos