Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deep power down RTC wake up issue

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by henna on Sun May 31 19:10:08 MST 2015
Hi,

I am working on the similar project and I face the same issue. I am trying to put my LPC4357 into Deep power down mode and I am not able to wake up from RTC alarm event interrupt.

However I am able to wake up from wake up 0 event interrupt.

To make sure RTC alarm is triggered I am putting ON one LED in the interrupt.the VBAT pin stays at 3.3V all the time and I put debug to check if RTC is enabling or not, everything works fine but, if I put my 4357 in deep power down mode and choose to wake up from RTC alarm event interrupt I loose the control of debug( which is expected) but by I never get RTC alarm interrupt.

I suspect RTC is not working( or is not getting power) as expected in deep power down mode.

Can anyone tell what I am doing wrong or any help about how to check power of RTC domain once the core is deep power down.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Heena
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by henna on Mon Jun 01 20:40:37 MST 2015
Hi,

I appreciate your help.

I modified the LPCexpresso "pmcstates" example code according to the reference code. After few changes now my LPC4357 is able to wake up from deep power down and deep sleep mode. But after all this changes my LPC4357 can't wake up from Wakeup0 or RTC in power down mode.

Can you suggest anything on this.

Thanks,
Heena
0 Kudos

danieltoma
Contributor I

Can you share the working pmcstates example? I am trying the LPCOpen example on a NGX board and it is not working at all! I get into the sleep/deeep_sleep/power_down/deep_power_down modes but I am not able to wake up the board. I try with RTC and WAKEUP0 pin but no chance!

Thanks,
Daniel

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bavarian on Mon Jun 01 08:18:28 MST 2015
Hi,

I assume it is a simple configuration problem.
Look into the attached source code which comes from an example which realized several power-down/wakeup scenarios.
It's programmed in a pretty simple way, so hopefully you find the things which are missing in your code.

Regards,
NXP Support Team
0 Kudos