Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC4337 user manual question

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by HCTEK on Thu Jul 10 02:44:28 MST 2014
Hello,

I have a question regarding the pin information that I found in LPC43xx user manual UM10503 28/01/2014.

I was looking the function for each Pin in Chapter 16 - SCU and some functions are reserved. However, when I search in Chapter 15 - Pin description in subchapter 15.2.3, that functions that was reserved appear with a function.

As example, in Chapter 16 the Pin 1.20 has FUNC7 as reserved and in Subchapter 15.2.3 it has as EMC_D11.

The table 187 is only for refered to the chapter 15.2.1? Or there are something that I missed about the purposes of the Chapters?

Best Regards,
Labels (1)
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by HCTEK on Fri Jul 11 03:05:44 MST 2014
Hello,

For my design it is not a big deal but I was wondering if there are more "hidden" functions that I want. The update seems to be only about EMC functions.

The table 187 is more friendly to know which functions the Pins have than the Chapter 15.

Thanks for the clarification.

Best Regards,
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nerd herd on Thu Jul 10 18:44:12 MST 2014
Hi,

Just an update from the designers...the LPC43xx flash parts had their pin multiplexing extended on top of the flashless. It was a late specification update request and only some SRAM pins were duplicated. I suppose chapter 16 of the user's manual was never updated. Hope that clarifies things :)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nerd herd on Thu Jul 10 10:14:29 MST 2014
Hi,

After looking at Chapter 15 and 16, I can see why you are confused. One thing you have to keep in mind is that the LPC43xx line consists of flashless MCUs and MCUs with flash.Table 187 seems to reflect the multiplexed pins for the flashless parts exactly. Table 187 also applies to the flash parts, but some of the reserved functions have functions now. The flash parts are made on a different die entirely, and have some underlying differences than their flashless counterparts (such as the boot ROM), so it could very well be a design choice. I am unsure as to why this is the case, but I'll bring it up with the designers and let you know what they say.