LPCXpresso4337 and on-board LPC-Link2 (JTAG)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso4337 and on-board LPC-Link2 (JTAG)

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rob.konieczny on Thu Apr 07 01:59:01 MST 2016
Hi,

How can I setup dual core debugging using on-board LPC-Link2 debugger (board LPCXpresso4337/OM13070)? Latest LPCXpresso IDE focuses on utilization of CMSIS-DAP. Unfortunately on-board LPC-Link2 CMSIS-DAP has problems with JTAG. What are the solutions?

I googled and found such an info:

Quote:
Some CMSIS-DAP probe implementations do not support JTAG

origin: CMSIS-DAP support in LPCXpresso

Is LPCXpresso4337 equipped with "some CMSIS-DAP probe not supporting JTAG"?

Please advice.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
bump
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rob.konieczny on Fri Apr 08 02:21:01 MST 2016
You're right. It works fine! Thank you for reply.

Solution was flashing LPC-Link2 probe with CMSIS-DAP firmware (latest LPC Scrypt used).

Before that, when I was trying to switch from SWD to JTAG I was getting error similar to that one (I can't remember exact).

Quote:
Use of JTAG with 'Keil ULINK-ME CMSIS-DAP' is not currently supported.
Reconfigure the Launch Configuration to use an SWD connection instead.

My understanding is that LPCXpresso IDE will soft-load CMSIS-DAP firmware. Flashing CMSIS-DAP firmware was even not advised in case probe is used only with LPCXpresso. Is there some difference between soft-loaded and flashed version of CMSIS-DAP?

I was using out-of-the-box LPCXpresso4337 and LPCXpresso 8.0.0 and 8.1.4.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Thu Apr 07 09:24:02 MST 2016
Why do you think that LPC-Link2 has problems with JTAG?

The LPC-Link2 variant built into the LPCXpresso4337 will quite happily support dual core debugging using the CMSIS-DAP firmware that LPCXpresso IDE downloads (assuming you are using a reasonably recent version).

You just need to ensure that you select JTAG the first time you make a debug connection for your project.

You might find the multicore demo within this video of help :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIF8A8A_CGA&list=PLB64F76B605AABE42

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos