cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISP UART Boot commands not accepted?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by trioflex on Mon Jan 23 04:36:12 MST 2012
Hi

procedure:

1) move two jumpers in the "SV1" block from the middle 2 pins to the two pins more inside the board (2 jumpers closer to edge are CAN related).

2) connect serial port and some terminal

3) press ISP and RESET buttons, release reset then isp

4) type ? in the terminal

watch: Syncronized !! :)

So far so good, the ISP handler has triggered has found sync, but now what? None of the command described in the UM seem to work.. There is just no response ever from the LPC4350, its not dead because sending ? again will do sync again

ISP code does not respond to any commands, as soon as <CR> is sent there is no more echo and NO STATUS response either.

So has anyone got the ISP loader to work? Is there some magic trick somewhere?

The

U 23130<CR><LF>

does also not work it is echoed until CR then is silence

Antti

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wellsk on Thu Dec 27 12:59:00 MST 2012
You can (also) do this with the DFU Utility too. It allows USB boot of a image setup to load and run at 0x10000000 and it allows programming images in internal FLASH and SPI FLASH.

http://www.lpcware.com/content/project/dfu-download-programming-utility-and-security-lpcdfusec-tool
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by edsut on Thu Dec 27 11:12:49 MST 2012
Definitely a late reply; however, I am interested in this!!
I'm using USART3 with a flashless LPC4330, so according to the docs,
I can't go into ISP mode; however, I don't really need that anyway.
I just want to be able to pump an image into SRAM (at boot time)
and have it run. 
Have you done this?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by drs on Thu Mar 22 15:46:20 MST 2012
No need to spend $1000 to debug the Hitex board. You can do this for about $50 for image sizes  less than 128k. Visit http://www.lpcware.com/content/project/nxpusblib/use-it to learn how.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Alexandre on Thu Mar 22 15:07:10 MST 2012
It actually does interest someone :)

I've been looking for hours a solution to flash and play with a HITEX LPC1850 board without having the 1000$ IDE + JTAG probe...

I got the "Synchronized" and "OK" messages. I need to find know what to do with all that!

Thanks!

Alex
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by trioflex on Sat Feb 18 01:23:04 MST 2012
seems the topic interest no one:(

well we have modified an in house ISP software and are currently able to download and execute small applicationd from LPC4350 ram on hitex eval board usint the UART connector X1.

just press ISP and reset, release reset and start download of hex, it will then execute ok.

Antti
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by trioflex on Mon Jan 23 04:42:49 MST 2012
Hi

pardon me, I need more deep RTFM..

After getting Synchronized, it is required to send Syncronized back!

After that all commands work!!

So we all can load easily apps to the LPC4350 over uart now

Antti
0 Kudos