I'm trying to increase the clock output of the modem in the MC1321x so that I can use it as clock input for another external MCU. The original setting from the Beekit myWirelessApplication sample code is:
- #define CLOCK_OUT_SETTING 0x7E85 (nv_data.h), which outputs 62.5 KHz out of the modem
- NV_ICGC1 = 0x18 (nv_data.c), which sets the oscillator as low frequency range (FLL loop prescale factor P is 64)
- NV_ICGC2 = 0x20 (nv_data.c), which sets the multiplication factor to 8
So the MCU will run at 62.5 KHz * 64 * 8 = 32 MHz, which is what we want
Now I would like to output 8 MHz from the modem instead. I've changed the above settings to:
- #define CLOCK_OUT_SETTING 0x7E81 (nv_data.h), which outputs 8 MHz out of the modem
- NV_ICGC1 = 0x58 (nv_data.c), which sets the oscillator as high frequency range (FLL loop prescale factor P is 1)
- NV_ICGC2 = 0x00 (nv_data.c), which sets the multiplication factor to 4
So the MCU will run at 8 MHz * 1 * 4 = 32 MHz
The FLL locks correctly and the hiwave debugger confirms a bus frequency of 16 028 535 Hz
But RF communication is not working at all. I am simply sending broadcast messages to a receptor and none of the packets are being picked up. If I use the original settings (62.5 KHz output), everything is fine, if I used the new settings, nothing gets through.
Did I forget some settings here? Any ideas?
Message Edited by MarcB on 2008-05-12 04:44 PM