USB .inf requiered for Project_DeviceBandwidthTest (0.98) ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB .inf requiered for Project_DeviceBandwidthTest (0.98) ?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by h11angel on Fri Mar 08 03:23:47 MST 2013
Hello,

As a disclaimer, I'd like to say that I didn't hit the forums at first with this issue, but my solo searches have left me clueless.

I'm building the bandwidth (hereinafter referred to as "BW") test project in the latest lpcUSBLib (0.98), using the latest IAR EWARM on the NGX4330 board. I've configured the BSP, CDL and LPCUSBlib packages and they work fine on the other projects. For example, the mass storage class project works like a charm.

However, in the examples IAR workspace, the BW project is absent, so I had to make it from scratch. I've kept the project options identical to the ones of the other working examples, and I doubt this has some influence on it not working.

It links, it boots, it starts BUT the USB device is not recognized by Windows (XP or 7).

In the embedded side, in the decriptor files, the device's interface is .VS_Interface (vendor specific), alongside with:
.Class                  = USB_CSCP_VendorSpecificClass,
.SubClass               = USB_CSCP_VendorSpecificSubclass,
.Protocol               = USB_CSCP_VendorSpecificProtocol,

The question is, must I have a corresponding windows .inf file that can link to the vendor id (0x1fc9, /* NXP */) and the product id (0x000C)? Must I build it from scratch (which I don't quite know how to do)?

Because when looking at the VCOM serial (kind of custom) .inf, one can see that the driver includes the standard "usbser" service and uses the microsoft port provider MsPorts.dll,SerialPortPropPageProvider. On the other hand, when looking at the other examples, they employ standardized Mass Storage Class or other compliant classes which are plug and play.

What could be the solution? Have the curators of the lpcUsbLib forgotten to include an .inf file alongside with "Project_DeviceBandwidthTest"?

Thanks for your feedback.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by h11angel on Wed Mar 13 05:27:50 MST 2013
Thank you, vitah!

I 'installed' the WinUSB drivers and using the .inf from the link below it worked.
http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lpc18xx43xx-winusb-drivers-dfu-boot

For other users, if they're interested in this issue, you don't have to "install" the drivers 'per se'. You have to have the libraries and the lpc .inf in the same folder.

In my case, on an WindowsXP machine, the files are:

winusbcoinstaller2.dll
WdfCoInstaller01009.dll
WdfCoInstaller01009.dll
LpcDevice.inf

The device manager, when parsing the .inf, will include the libraries and the device will be recognized eventually.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vitah on Mon Mar 11 03:45:21 MST 2013
hi h11angel,

Think you have build and run it so did you see it in USB Viewer or in Device Manager. Since this is a custom class, no Windows driver will handle it. You may see a yellow warn icon on it.

Have you installed WinUSB driver?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by h11angel on Fri Mar 08 03:26:27 MST 2013
I'll have to live with the fact that I've made a bad first impression when joining the forum. Should have posted this thread in http://www.lpcware.com/forums/peripherals-forums/usb.

If there's a mod around, please move it. Mea culpa.
0 Kudos