cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

programming lpc4330

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lparthee on Mon Jun 11 09:22:44 MST 2012
i bought lpc4330 development board from ngx technologies. I want to know how to download code to controller via usb or serial from pc?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lparthee on Fri Jun 22 01:39:43 MST 2012
thank u...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wellsk on Thu Jun 21 08:49:54 MST 2012
Great to hear it's working. The board will power from either USB port, so no external supply is needed.
The DFU tool simply downloads the image to IRAM and then boots it. Once the board is power cycled or reset, the downloaded image is lost.

We are working on an update for the DFUSec tool that will allow you to burn images onto the boards SPI Flash or other external FLASH, or internal FLASH (1857).
The image would only need to be re-linked with a different execution address, inline with the SPI Flash versions of the examples and then downloaded to the board. After reset with SPI Flash boot enabled, the downloaded program would run.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Nitin_Bhaskar on Thu Jun 21 01:05:50 MST 2012
You can refer my blog for more info, http://microcworld.blogspot.com/2012/06/programming-lpc4330-xplorer-using-dfu.html

The blinky code provided in NGX website can be used with this dfu tool.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lparthee on Fri Jun 15 04:17:27 MST 2012
thank u... i downloaded the blinky code in lpc4330. Now to run the code from internal Ram what will be the boot selection switch? whether it is same as OFF,ON,OFF,ON or some other setting?
i tried with OFF,ON,OFF,ON setting, it doesn't work... can i power the board via usb1 to run the sample blinky code or i need to use external power supply to it?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wellsk on Wed Jun 13 08:06:14 MST 2012
You need to use the DFU boot mode for the chip and the correct USB connector to use the DFUsec tool.
Start the tool and plug USB into the board and the "No CONN" shuold change to "High speed USB" if a device was found.

I don't have access to a LPC43xx NGX board, but I do have a 18xx board and they are probably very similar.

Try these settings: 1-off, 2-on, 3-off, 4-on
Use the USB connector next to the audio connectors for DFU boot.

I've attached a version of blinky that works on the NGX18xx that hasn't been tested on the NGX43xx, it should work on the 43xx. The is a raw binary meant to be executed from IRAM, so you'll have to use the auto-header append option of the DFUsec tool when booting this image. No guarantees on it working, but let us know if it does.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lparthee on Wed Jun 13 01:51:44 MST 2012
hi... i use lpc DFU tool to program lpc4330 development board, it always shows "NO CONN". can anyone tell me boot select switch configuration for usb?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lparthee on Tue Jun 12 05:50:49 MST 2012
What is the setting for jumper(j4) to boot via usb? In user manual they didnt mention the boot selection settings... can u pls tell me what is the setting for jumper to boot via usb?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by drs on Mon Jun 11 12:17:18 MST 2012
Try the DFU download tool. You can find it here: http://www.lpcware.com/content/project/dfu-downloadupload-lpcdfusec-tool

You will need to set the boot jumper block (J4) to boot up via USB. You will find the required settings in the UM.
0 Kudos