LPC4300FET256 EMC_A13 and ENET_MDC conflict?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC4300FET256 EMC_A13 and ENET_MDC conflict?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by acamilo on Thu Sep 12 21:25:45 MST 2013
Hello, I'm currently using the pinmux tool to generate a netlist for my board and I noticed EMC_A13 (which i'm using as a bank select pin for my SDRAM) and ENET_MDC (which is required for MII/RMII) share the same pin(T16).

Is it possible to have ethernet and a SDRAM that uses A13? Can I use another pin in stead of A13?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by hlsa on Fri Sep 13 04:14:49 MST 2013
Hi Acamilo,

according to the datasheet you can use either PC_1 (E4) or P7_7 (B6) for ENET_MDC instead.
This should solve your problem.

By the way: there are many evaluation boards (e.g. Keil MC4300 or Embedded Artists 4357), which have SDRAM and Ethernet. And yes, it works.

Best regards,
Holger
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Pacman on Thu Sep 12 23:46:19 MST 2013
I do not know.

One could definitely wish that A23 was used for the ENET_MDC pin instead.

But I have a suggestion that you would usually not consider:
You could perhaps use a different pin for bank select, such as A14 or A15; these do not conflict with Ethernet.

As I had problems with the PinMux tools (I'm on Mac OS X, and the software did not run on my local library's PCs), I made a Web-site where I could play around with the pins:

http://arm.gpio.dk/lpc43xx.html

Try the PopUp-button as a starting-point.

Please note: It might contain bugs, and it doesn't "save" your setup, so once you've closed your page, you'll have to start over.
It can, though, output some text-files. Everything run as Javascript; there's no server-side scripts running, which makes it suitable for running from your own harddisk.

Comment: Unfortunately, for color-blind people, the green and brown are a bit too close; I hope to fix that some day, as I'm color-blind myself.
0 Kudos