cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI FLASH and JTAG program load

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by dohnalik on Sat Jan 17 07:42:59 MST 2015
Hello,

first of all, I'm hardware designer, so sorry for my probably lame questions.
I made myself board with LPC4320 MCU and SST25VF040B SPI flash memory which I want to use for USB audio. I have Segger J-link JTAG debugger and LPCExpresso IDE and I'm dealing with a problem...I already wrote program and succesfully run it loaded into RAM, but I want to load it into external SPI flash memory and boot from it, how can I do that (I know, very lame question)? My boot jumpers are the same as are on Hitex Rev A4 (http://www.nxp.com/documents/application_note/AN11239.pdf), now I have it configured to boot from SPI (SSP). I also tried SPIFI.

Do I understand correctly that I need some kind of driver (I'm new to MCU without internal flash)?

Thank you very much.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Mon Jan 19 02:19:29 MST 2015
This is described in Chapter 6 of the LPCXpresso User Guide.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by dohnalik on Sun Jan 18 13:30:31 MST 2015
OK, thank you, I will purchase LPC-link v2 then. How do I implement this driver please?

Thank you again.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Sat Jan 17 12:55:00 MST 2015
Please disregard the post from mc as the driver he has posted only applies to LPCXpresso using LPC-Link1 or LPC-Link2 debug probes.

If you are using J-Link, you will need to obtain the correct driver for your flash from Segger. It may well be included in the J-Link software that you have installed, but I have no experience of this so cannot tell you if it does or not.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Sat Jan 17 12:31:29 MST 2015
Hi Dohnalik,
Yes, you need LPCxpresso SPIFI flash driver to flash the image into SPIFI.
Please try attached driver.

I do not have board right now with this QSPI flash, so can not test.

0 Kudos