cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booting OS in LPC4357_OEM_Board

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by crchaves on Mon Jan 19 03:23:36 MST 2015
Continuing to development with the LPC4357 development kit, in order to boot the kit with my own operating system.
I need changing the switch JP1 of the configuration default?
Because the switch is protect with special cover.
I try to test to boot a OS saved in uSD card but I dont know why, the OS no booted.

Sincerely,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by crchaves on Tue Jan 20 00:40:25 MST 2015
Hi,

With "stage bootloader" you referred to configure the pins in the onboard. Only I need change the configuration in the default hardware for will be able to execute the bootloader? ( I don't need change nothing in the bootloader, and in the kernel.. only that supported the features of the onboard configured in the kernel).
Thank you very much for the help.

Sincerely,

Cristóbal
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by andersrosvall on Mon Jan 19 12:18:04 MST 2015
Hi,
Information about the boot options are found in the LPC4357 user manual from NXP (chapter 5, to be more exact). Booting from an uSD memory card needs a first stage bootloader. It is not supported directly by the LPC4357.
The protective tape on the switches can be removed, if needed. It is just for protecting the switches during soldering.

Kind Regards,
Anders @ EA
0 Kudos