cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NGX lpc4330 xplorer board Mp3 decoder Integrartion

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by praveen.9123 on Tue Mar 04 02:43:01 MST 2014
Hi,

Is there any Internet Radio demo support for LPCexpresso. I am working on ngx lpc4330 xplorer board where i am integrating mp3decoder.
I have integrated mp3 decoder to my Project, when the decoder is calling an assembly code the core is hanging(that means, Return from the assembly code is not happened ---> checked through debugging. The assembly code  for MULSHIFT32, CLZ, FASTABS instruction where hanging took place, which is there in the following attachment related mp3decoder ).
I need the decoder which supports for cortex-M4, Please help-me I have struck  from an week.

Original Attachment has been moved to: asmmis_s.odt

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bavarian on Mon Mar 10 14:58:51 MST 2014
As there is no way of implementing a display application with the Xplorer board, there is no internet radio implementation for it. Also there is most likley not enough SRAM to realize the buffers for the MP3 audio data from a radio station.

But there is nothing against implementing an MP3 decoder like libmad or Helix on the LPC4330.
As this flashless version of the LPC4300 has lot of internal SRAM, the decoder functions can run from there.
For an execution from SPIFI this memory interface is to slow when it comes to the decoder functions, MP3 files with 32kbps were decoded, but 64kbps had already problems.

I implemented for test purposes the internet radio on the LPC4350:
- the complete M0 job executed from SPIFI
- the M4 job mainly executed from internal SRAM, some functions like file system and ID3 stuff were executed from SPIFI
- the images for the M0 and the M4 were linked to memory areas in the qSPI flash, after reset most of the M4 code gets relocated to the internal SRAM

Currently I have no idea why your code has problems with the assembler routines, but it should be possible to jump into the assembler routine using the assembler window of the debugger.
0 Kudos