cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Radio demo Porting to NGX LPC4330 BOARD

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by praveen.9123 on Fri Mar 14 02:09:37 MST 2014
Hi,
   I am working on NGX LPC4330 xplorer board. I am using keil IDE to modify the Internet Radio demo lanradio demo to LPC4330.
I am getting an error
1.ERROR: Unable to find signature1 of M0 Image at 15000010
2.ERROR: Boot failure!!

I have enabled the flag BOARD_NGX_XPLORER_18304330, CORE_M4, CHIP_LPC43XX, DEBUG_UART, TARGET_SPIFI.
But i did not see the main_m0.c file related code in the map file.
Could you please help me how to enable the flag to call main_m0.c file. And how to load the program with two main() function in the board.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by praveen.9123 on Fri Mar 14 04:54:47 MST 2014
Hi Bavarian,
    I am integrating the MP3 DECODER to NGX XPLORER BOARD. I didnot see the USE_SPIFI flag in source code. For Faster execution i need dual core. Please help me how to load both cores in the SPIFI. I will disable the code related to Graphics,lwip.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bavarian on Fri Mar 14 02:55:49 MST 2014
Hi,

The errors you get have something to do with the load process of the M0 code. The M4 software which looks for M0 code at a given place doesn't find valid code, so it does not allow starting the M0.
I don't know if the flags BOARD_NGX_XPLORER_18304330 and TARGET_SPIFI make sense in this project, I think I documented that USE_SPIFI needs to be used. Look for this string.

However, this demo was never intended to run on the Xplorer board because of missing display option.
On top of that there is not enough SRAM memory available to handle an internet radio application.

So the question is what you try to port?

Of course you can port the WAV/MP3 player part (which is running exclusively on the Cortex-M4 side) from the Keil board to the Xplorer board.
Just disable the part in the Cortex-M4 code which starts the Cortex-M0 and run the application only with the Cortex-M4. The M0 is not needed and stays in reset
Then there are a few endless loops waiting for an input from the GUI side (running on the Cortex-M0) which do not longer make sense. Remove or replace them by other mechanisms like button press.
Relocation of the code from internal flash bank #A to the SPIFI is no problem as well.
If you want to do something like MP3 decoding, then you wi8ll notice that the execution from the qSPI is not fast enough, so you need to place relevant parts of the decoder code into the internal SRAM.

If you want the Cortex-M0 to do something, then you need to locate this code in the SPIFI as well, in uVision it's done in the same way as for the Cortex-M4. Then there is somewhere in the Cortex-M4 code a define for the start address of the Cortex-M0 code, this must match with the address you have given the linker as Cortex-M0 RO code location.
If you execute with both cores from the qSPI memory, then of course the overall execution performance will be very bad, the SPIFI is then the bottleneck.

Regards,
NXP Support Team.

0 Kudos