cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCOpen for Nand Flash k9f1g08 (U0D)

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mrabbasi61 on Tue Aug 05 20:47:42 MST 2014
Hi,

Where can I find and get lpcopen sample, driver, or anything related to Nand Flash k9f1g08 (k9f1g08U0D) for LPC4357?
I found this link (http://docs.lpcware.com/lpcopen/v1.03/group___b_o_a_r_d___k9_f1_g___n_a_n_d_f_l_a_s_h.html) ,

but I could not find out where I can download the files for 4357 processor!

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bavarian on Thu Aug 07 06:50:56 MST 2014
We don't support it for the LPC1800/4300, but you find the driver files in the LPCOpen packages for the LPC1788 or LPC4088
As the memory controller is the same IP I don't expect a big porting effort (on your side ;-) )

Regards,
NXP Support Team.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mrabbasi61 on Wed Aug 06 09:45:47 MST 2014
thank you for your reply.
we use the spifi interface and it is very useful. but as you said, because of some historical reasons we also want to use a nand flash in the system. our previous productions also had a nand flash.
I found out from the above link address that the file might be in the old lpcopen version v1.03. I have downloaded this version but didn't see this file in that package.
if that file had been in an old version of lpcopen, could you please tell me in which version I can find it?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bavarian on Wed Aug 06 04:38:04 MST 2014
Currently we don't have a dedicated NAND flash driver for the LPC1800/4300 platform. I think it went into the documentation of this old LPCOpen package because we had a plan to do a driver, but finally we didn't.

On the LPC1800/4300 there is an alternative for the NAND flash technology:  the SPIFI

[list]
  [*]  It's a quad SPI flash which is available in various sizes, even 64MByte devices are available
  [*]  they are very easy to implement: TSSOP packages with 8 or 16 pins
  [*]  attractive prices
  [*]  the memory  is mapped with the SPIFI (SPI Flash Interface) into the memory map of the ARM, so very easy to address
[/list]

Embedded Artists added this NAND flash for more or less historical reasons on their LPC4357 board and also supply a simple driver for it (sample code).
They used this NAND flash on other platforms like the LPC2478 and LPC1788 as well.

Regards,
NXP Support Team
0 Kudos