cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet test failure base on Lpc4357+freeRTOS+LWIP

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lifejoker on Tue Apr 01 23:53:17 MST 2014
Hi ,i am using Lpc4357+freeRTOS+LWIP. The original source code was download from here. I made some changes in tcpecho_thread to try to test the stability of internet.
Every 1ms, i send 1k bytes data to a PC client. Lpc4357 is server.
but it always goes to HardFault_Handler after sending amount data which are not same every time. Sometimes it was hundreds Million bytes, sometimes just ended with some kilo-bytes, I didnot figure out what made it happened?
anyone could help me?

or is  it the RX buffer is not big enough? And in lpc_rx_queue, there is
p = pbuf_alloc(PBUF_RAW, (u16_t) EMAC_ETH_MAX_FLEN, PBUF_RAM);

when and where p is freed?

Thanks so much .
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by medake on Mon Apr 28 04:08:52 MST 2014
Dear NXP Support Team,

It is acceptable that behavior differs from toolchain to toolchain and version to version (for same toolchain).

If LPCXpresso uses GCC, then why the stable port of LWIP + FreeROTS for GCC is not provided by the NXP,
so as to develop and run complex TCP and/or threaded applications those can handle bunch of data
transactions without memory failure.

Although NXP has provided a stable port and the examples also execute fine; but it is frequently a question on the list when
it comes to applications like webserver.

I request  NXP Support Team to fix the memory bugs and provide a more stable release of LWIP + FreeRTOS
that can be used with LPCXpresso and GCC to develop more sophisticated applications using NXP platforms.

Thanks in anticipation.

Best Regards,
Mangesh Edake.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bavarian on Thu Apr 03 02:49:11 MST 2014
Sounds like a stack/heap problem.

But maybe the internet is just unstable. And this is far beyond our control   8-)

The heap managment is different from toolchain to toolchain, so examples working in a software compiled with Keil uVision might not work in software compiled with GCC.
Even different versions of one toolchain could behave differently.

Do some modifications on the heap size and check if the error characteristic changes.

Regards,
NXP Support Team.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kaikeraut on Wed Apr 02 20:43:59 MST 2014
yes i need all. it will be more helpful.
Thanks in advance :)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lifejoker on Wed Apr 02 18:05:56 MST 2014
do you need all the source i download ?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kaikeraut on Wed Apr 02 05:14:29 MST 2014
can u send me the code i am going to work on same.
0 Kudos