cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom board Bring-up

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by saismita on Wed Feb 27 22:23:39 MST 2013
Hi all,
We have a custom board which have LPC4350 as the main processor.Can any body guide me , how to start with the board ?
I have few queries.
1.Whether boot code is required to start the board ?
1.Whether boot code is already there in the on-chip ROM of the LPC4350 ?
2.If boot code is already there then why it is not detecting the Keil ,ULink2 Debugger?
3.If boot code is not there then where I will get the boot code and how I will program the board with boot code?
4.Is there any other procedure to bring up the board ?

Please help on these issues .Thanks in Advance.
SaiSmita
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Pacman on Mon Mar 04 04:09:37 MST 2013
You may find this helpful:
http://www.lpcware.com/sites/default/files/2013-02-19%20LPC4300_PMU,CGU.pdf
-Especially page 14.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Pacman on Mon Mar 04 03:57:04 MST 2013
I'd copy the ini file from the Hitex board.
As I do not have a machine that runs any of the well-known IDE's, I can't guide you well in this case.
(I'm using GCC + OpenOCD myself)
-But if you look at the ini file, you'll probably quickly see what would need modification.

...Perhaps someone else on this forum can answer this question better ?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by saismita on Sun Mar 03 22:24:35 MST 2013
Hi Pacman,
        Thanks for your reply.Yes the custom board is designed in house as per our project requirements.JTAG is detecting on the board now.But there is SPI Flash(S25FL256S ) in this board.We have the hitex board and LPC43xx 39VF3201B Flash.ini file.
   In this case we are unable to program the board because we don't have the .ini file for the SPI Flash.How to get this .ini file for  this flash can you guide me ? Or else can we use the LPC43xx 39VF3201B Flash.ini file for the custom board by modifying some thing in this file. Please guide me.
Thanks in advance
SaiSmita
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Pacman on Sun Mar 03 11:11:14 MST 2013
1: There's boot-code in the ROM (the document http://www.nxp.com/documents/user_manual/UM10503.pdf says so)
1B: You may want to have a look at this file for a quick overview: http://www.nxp.com/documents/application_note/AN11239.pdf
2: This may be due to a bad connection. Make sure your ULink2 is working properly. Make sure your board is powered up as well.
3: Boot code is there. But you'll need a place to store your own code. You may be able to start with storing it in SRAM, but at some point you'll probably want using SPIFI or NOR/NAND flash.
4: It depends on which board it is. "a custom board" - does this mean you built it yourself; if so, it's a bit difficult for us to guess what it can do. ;)

If possible, you could provide a schematics diagram (not the PCB-file) of the board ? -This would possibly help us help you better.
If your custom board resembles another board, for instance the BlueBoard, it will be easier to provide help.
0 Kudos