lpcware

High-Speed Data Streaming over USB0

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by joohyun.seo on Mon Sep 01 15:03:27 MST 2014
Hi All,

I am trying to dump data from LPC4337 microcontroller to PC with up to 10 Mbit/s of data rate.

Initially, I have dealt with VCOM example provided in LPCopen_2_12, but LPC VCOM Port Driver from the window size can accomodate Baudrate only up to about 120kbps. From PC side, I have used the MATLAB serial port to receive data and communicate with the MCU.

My first question is if there is any LPC VCOM driver which can go close to 10Mbit/s range though I haven't seen any driver that can go up to that high data rate.

My second question is that 10 Mbit/s is achievable with virtual com port at all? If possible, what kind of setup should be done from the PC side?

My third question is that if 10Mbit/s is not achievable with virtual com port, how can I communicate with PC more than 10Mbit/s speed. I have looked into a hid_generic example, but I cannot figure out how to send data or receive data from USB port.

I am sure that someone should have done this kind of things before, and I only have limited knowledge about this matter. If someone can introduce any helpful reference or thread in this forum regarding this matter, it would be really appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Outcomes