cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request simpel audio example Keil MCB4300 board

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bjorn1989 on Fri Sep 27 07:41:11 MST 2013
Dear all,

I am new with the LPC43xx and with dual core applications and not that advanced with embedded platforms and embedded audio.
I want to learn how this works.

We just bought a Keil MCB4300 board. We want to do some experiments with audio on the Cortex M0.
But there are no working simple audio examples for the Keil mcb4300.

Does someone have a working audio example for me?

Also a question is it possible to road the audio with I2S directly to the Cortex M0? I thinks this is possible but I can't find this in the users manual. when I look at the block diagram, I see that this is possible with the AHB Multilayer Matrix.

kindly thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by praveen.9123 on Thu Dec 19 00:04:30 MST 2013
Hi sachin,
   I also need same source code example please share. I am working on lpc4330 xplorer board.
Thanks in advance. (praveen.9123@gmail.com)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by praveen.9123 on Thu Dec 19 00:03:39 MST 2013
Hi sachin,
   I also need same source code example please share. I am working on lpc4330 xplorer board.
Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by davyarm on Mon Nov 25 10:20:41 MST 2013
Can you please post the project or changes for example how to run I2S audio on Keil MCB4300 board?

Thank you!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by sachin143.1763@gmail.com on Thu Oct 24 14:34:00 MST 2013
Dear bjorn1989,
       Will u send examples running on the Keil MCB4300 board with audio i/o?mail me on sachin143.1763@gmail.com if possible
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bjorn1989 on Thu Oct 17 08:12:29 MST 2013
Thanks Bavarian, I did reset the M0 at startup.
I'm now using the follow method to debug and that works for me.

1) Rebuild M0 project
2) Reload the M0 image.c in to the M4 project ( by clicking YES)
3) Rebuild M4 project
4) Load flash
5) Start debug M4
6) Start debug M0
7) Run M4 (initialize the board & reset / starts the M0)
8) Run M0

I'm using the M4 only for initialize, the program is running on the M0.

I don't know if this is the right method to do.
I'm using the following Memory settings

M0
IROM1 Start 0x0 Size 0x8000, IRAM1 Start 0x8000 Size 0x4000
M4
IROM1 Start 0x1A000000 Size 0x80000 IRAM1 start 0x10000000 Size 0x8000

I'm now busy to buffer the I2S, so we can process the audio.
I have a Circular buffer with a input buffer and an output buffer with the size of 2048(uint16_t) (when I use this size he gives a Hard Fault) When I use 1024(uint16_t) buffer size He run's for a couple of rounds but give also a Hard fault.

I think that the problem is that I did program an application that what to write data over some core memory space. How can I program this that this not happens.

If someone what's some code, just ask than I put some online.

Kindly thanks!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bavarian on Thu Oct 17 03:21:00 MST 2013
You can do the same things on M4 and on M0. Both cores have the same access right to all AHB and APB peripherals.
So you can choose where you let the audio software run from.

Breakpoints on the M0: it should work, maybe check the way you connect with the M0 debugger. It must be done "silently" (no Reset after connect), otherwise you drive the LPC4300 through a reset and things are lost.
But I need to test this as well with the Dual Core blink project from KEIL.

Update: tested the project and it works. I modified the debug settings for the M0 (removed "Reset after connect"), started the debugger, have seen that M0 activity stooped and M4 kept running. Then I was also able to set breakpoints.

Regards,
NXP Support.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bjorn1989 on Mon Oct 07 05:43:23 MST 2013
I have made a dual core project. One project with the M4 and another one with the M0 core. (both LPC4357(CM0)) The program runs fine, its just a basic program with led's that blink one on the M4 core and one on the M0 core.
But I want to debug the M0, I can not set breakpoints, in the M4 is this possible.

I did check an example from Keil Dual core(that you get with the installation of Keil), and copy the settings but stil no success.

Is there something that I did over look?

friendly thanks!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bjorn1989 on Thu Oct 03 05:11:23 MST 2013
I figured out why the audio example of the Xplorer board did not work.

I have an audio example running on the Keil MCB4300 board with audio i/o.
If someone is interesting I can post the project or the changes.

Thanks for the example Bavarian!

I have a new question: is it possible to run audio (I2S) on the M0 and don't use the M4 while running the program. (M0 as "master")
(I know that you must use the M4 for start-up and to reset the M0 core)
I want to use only the M0 with audio i/o. That's the reason of my question.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bavarian on Wed Oct 02 08:14:26 MST 2013
Unfortunately the internet radio will not work on the Xplorer board.
I made another quick attempt to make the stuff in the LPCopen package working, but didn't succeed. I don't think it is the pinmuxing or the reset signal, it is somewhere else.

Then I went back to an older setup: download this one here:  http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lpc4350apdlzip
When you unzip it you get a folder called "lpc43xx". Go into this folder, copy the file "lpc43xx-patch.zip" into it and unzip it there. It will overwrite 4 files.

I made the example "I2S->I2s_Audio" working with the Xplorer board, using KEIL µVision 4.70. Open the project file, compile it and flash it. It just outputs some audio data.

I will have a further look on the examples in LPCopen, but not this week.

Regards,
NXP Support.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bjorn1989 on Tue Oct 01 06:05:18 MST 2013
Dear all,

thanks for reply!

Bavarian thanks for checking, I'm looking forward to it.

I'm now using the I2S example from NXP that runs on the NGX Xplorer board.
I did made some changes around the pins for the I2S and UDA1380 reset. The I2C pins are the same at the boards.
But stil it is not working, what do I overlook?

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bavarian on Fri Sep 27 09:33:14 MST 2013
There will be a good audio example on LPCware around middle of October: an internet radio + MP3 player demo.
So stay tuned.

If in the meantime you want to try another audio example then you could try the following project:

\lpcopen\applications\lpc18xx_43xx\examples\LPCUSBlib\lpcusblib_AudioOutputDevice

It acts as a USB speaker, but I've seen that somehow the external CODEC UDA1380 is not set up correctly.
So even if you see it as USB speaker, no music comes out.
Also it is a little bit complicated to compile, you need to pre-compile some libraries)

I will check for a simple audio example for the MCB43000 board and post it here next week.

Regards,
NXP Support.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wells on Fri Sep 27 09:09:00 MST 2013
There appears to be one coming soon. See http://www.lpcware.com/content/forum/internet-radio-demo-error
0 Kudos