Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART_Send and UART_Receive adaptation for USB ROM driver

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by pra18 on Fri Feb 13 02:51:35 MST 2015
hi all,

I am trying to adapt a loader program that used UART of LP343xx  for my custom board to work on USB

I am trying to replace it with USB equivalent ROM API calls.

What is required for this is the UART_Send and UART_Receive with support of timeout and blocking/non blocking.

Can this be done with the USB ROM driver calls?

Any suggestions and examples please?

Regards,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by pra18 on Wed Feb 18 01:37:02 MST 2015
Hi,

There is a  existing UART based loader which needs to be replaced by USB. This UART based loader uses UART_Send and UART_Receive from the LPCUART library and makes use of timeout and blocking options. I am trying to replace these UART calls with USBD ROM equivalents.

However I am facing problems due to the blocking and timeout things as in case of UART these 2 things are builtin the UART_Send/Receive calls.

I have already made a USB CDC implementation usign the USBD ROM API and now the next step is to implement a loader that sends files to my device.

Existing UART loader already uses Ymodem transfers and we just need to replace UART calls with USB ones as I earlier mentioned.

I am not planning a new DFU class implementation.

Regards,

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by xianghuiwang on Tue Feb 17 14:49:14 MST 2015
hi, pra18,
Please clarify your question: do you want to replace USB function calls or uart function calls?
regards,
0 Kudos