cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems linking with emwin

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by andres.cass on Wed Aug 19 12:43:37 MST 2015
Hi. I'm trying to start with a graphical interface in a 4.3" LCD display using emWin library with an element4 (Embest) LPC4357-EVB.
I copy a simple HelloWorld example form emwin manual but it is not linking. I add the emWin headers and precompiled libraries in the directories ti says and add the libraries to my project:

In MCU C Compiler/includes I add:
"${workspace_loc:/emWin/emWin_header}"
"${workspace_loc:/emWin/emWin_Config}"

And in MCU Linker/Libraries I add:
"${workspace_loc:/emWin/emWin_library/LPCXpresso}" to the paths
emWin_M4  to the libraries following the instructions in https://www.lpcware.com/content/forum/how-link-emwin-library

The code is quite simple, I just include GUI.h , initilize the LCD peripherial of the microcontroller and execute GUI_Init() and GUI_DispString("Hello world!")

I am on Windows 7 with LPCXpresso v7.5.0 [Build 254] [2014-10-31].

But when I try tu builkd the project I receive this:

Building target: emHello.axf
Invoking: MCU Linker
arm-none-eabi-gcc -nostdlib -L"C:\Users\Cassagnes Andres\Documents\LPCXpresso_7.5.0_254\workspace4357\lpc_chip_43xx\Debug" -L"C:\Users\Cassagnes Andres\Documents\LPCXpresso_7.5.0_254\workspace4357\emWin\emWin_Config" -L"C:\Users\Cassagnes Andres\Documents\LPCXpresso_7.5.0_254\workspace4357\emWin\emWin_library\LPCXpresso" -Xlinker -Map="emHello.map" -Xlinker --gc-sections -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=softfp -mthumb -T "emHello_Debug.ld" -o "emHello.axf"  ./src/cr_startup_lpc43xx.o ./src/crp.o ./src/emHello.o ./src/sysinit.o   -llpc_chip_43xx -lemWin_M4
C:\Users\Cassagnes Andres\Documents\LPCXpresso_7.5.0_254\workspace4357\emWin\emWin_library\LPCXpresso\libemWin_M4.a(GUI_Core.o): In function `GUI__Config':
GUI_Core.c:(.text.GUI__Config+0xc): undefined reference to `GUI_X_Config'
GUI_Core.c:(.text.GUI__Config+0x14): undefined reference to `LCD_X_Config'
C:\Users\Cassagnes Andres\Documents\LPCXpresso_7.5.0_254\workspace4357\emWin\emWin_library\LPCXpresso\libemWin_M4.a(GUI_Core.o): In function `GUI_Init':
GUI_Core.c:(.text.GUI_Init+0x10): undefined reference to `GUI_X_Init'
C:\Users\Cassagnes Andres\Documents\LPCXpresso_7.5.0_254\workspace4357\emWin\emWin_library\LPCXpresso\libemWin_M4.a(GUI_Task.o): In function `GUI_Unlock':
GUI_Task.c:(.text.GUI_Unlock+0xa): undefined reference to `GUI_X_Unlock'
C:\Users\Cassagnes Andres\Documents\LPCXpresso_7.5.0_254\workspace4357\emWin\emWin_library\LPCXpresso\libemWin_M4.a(GUI_Task.o): In function `GUI_Lock':
GUI_Task.c:(.text.GUI_Lock+0xe): undefined reference to `GUI_X_GetTaskId'
GUI_Task.c:(.text.GUI_Lock+0x16): undefined reference to `GUI_X_Lock'
GUI_Task.c:(.text.GUI_Lock+0x1a): undefined reference to `GUI_X_GetTaskId'
GUI_Task.c:(.text.GUI_Lock+0x34): undefined reference to `GUI_X_GetTaskId'
C:\Users\Cassagnes Andres\Documents\LPCXpresso_7.5.0_254\workspace4357\emWin\emWin_library\LPCXpresso\libemWin_M4.a(GUI_Task.o): In function `GUITASK_Init':
GUI_Task.c:(.text.GUITASK_Init+0x32): undefined reference to `GUI_X_InitOS'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [emHello.axf] Error 1

16:19:07 Build Finished (took 1s.668ms)

Thank you
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by andres.cass on Mon Aug 24 10:44:38 MST 2015
Hi. I didn't, but then I realize that and put them in the project. Now I am having another problems. The project compiles well but I can't see anything in the display. Later I will make a complete question about it.
Thank you for the answer.
Regards
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Mon Aug 24 07:00:28 MST 2015
Hi andres,
Do you have GUI_Conf.c/.h  and GUI_X.c in your project?
0 Kudos