lpcware

Problems linking with emwin

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by andres.cass on Wed Aug 19 12:43:37 MST 2015
Hi. I'm trying to start with a graphical interface in a 4.3" LCD display using emWin library with an element4 (Embest) LPC4357-EVB.
I copy a simple HelloWorld example form emwin manual but it is not linking. I add the emWin headers and precompiled libraries in the directories ti says and add the libraries to my project:

In MCU C Compiler/includes I add:
"${workspace_loc:/emWin/emWin_header}"
"${workspace_loc:/emWin/emWin_Config}"

And in MCU Linker/Libraries I add:
"${workspace_loc:/emWin/emWin_library/LPCXpresso}" to the paths
emWin_M4  to the libraries following the instructions in https://www.lpcware.com/content/forum/how-link-emwin-library

The code is quite simple, I just include GUI.h , initilize the LCD peripherial of the microcontroller and execute GUI_Init() and GUI_DispString("Hello world!")

I am on Windows 7 with LPCXpresso v7.5.0 [Build 254] [2014-10-31].

But when I try tu builkd the project I receive this:

Building target: emHello.axf
Invoking: MCU Linker
arm-none-eabi-gcc -nostdlib -L"C:\Users\Cassagnes Andres\Documents\LPCXpresso_7.5.0_254\workspace4357\lpc_chip_43xx\Debug" -L"C:\Users\Cassagnes Andres\Documents\LPCXpresso_7.5.0_254\workspace4357\emWin\emWin_Config" -L"C:\Users\Cassagnes Andres\Documents\LPCXpresso_7.5.0_254\workspace4357\emWin\emWin_library\LPCXpresso" -Xlinker -Map="emHello.map" -Xlinker --gc-sections -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=softfp -mthumb -T "emHello_Debug.ld" -o "emHello.axf"  ./src/cr_startup_lpc43xx.o ./src/crp.o ./src/emHello.o ./src/sysinit.o   -llpc_chip_43xx -lemWin_M4
C:\Users\Cassagnes Andres\Documents\LPCXpresso_7.5.0_254\workspace4357\emWin\emWin_library\LPCXpresso\libemWin_M4.a(GUI_Core.o): In function `GUI__Config':
GUI_Core.c:(.text.GUI__Config+0xc): undefined reference to `GUI_X_Config'
GUI_Core.c:(.text.GUI__Config+0x14): undefined reference to `LCD_X_Config'
C:\Users\Cassagnes Andres\Documents\LPCXpresso_7.5.0_254\workspace4357\emWin\emWin_library\LPCXpresso\libemWin_M4.a(GUI_Core.o): In function `GUI_Init':
GUI_Core.c:(.text.GUI_Init+0x10): undefined reference to `GUI_X_Init'
C:\Users\Cassagnes Andres\Documents\LPCXpresso_7.5.0_254\workspace4357\emWin\emWin_library\LPCXpresso\libemWin_M4.a(GUI_Task.o): In function `GUI_Unlock':
GUI_Task.c:(.text.GUI_Unlock+0xa): undefined reference to `GUI_X_Unlock'
C:\Users\Cassagnes Andres\Documents\LPCXpresso_7.5.0_254\workspace4357\emWin\emWin_library\LPCXpresso\libemWin_M4.a(GUI_Task.o): In function `GUI_Lock':
GUI_Task.c:(.text.GUI_Lock+0xe): undefined reference to `GUI_X_GetTaskId'
GUI_Task.c:(.text.GUI_Lock+0x16): undefined reference to `GUI_X_Lock'
GUI_Task.c:(.text.GUI_Lock+0x1a): undefined reference to `GUI_X_GetTaskId'
GUI_Task.c:(.text.GUI_Lock+0x34): undefined reference to `GUI_X_GetTaskId'
C:\Users\Cassagnes Andres\Documents\LPCXpresso_7.5.0_254\workspace4357\emWin\emWin_library\LPCXpresso\libemWin_M4.a(GUI_Task.o): In function `GUITASK_Init':
GUI_Task.c:(.text.GUITASK_Init+0x32): undefined reference to `GUI_X_InitOS'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [emHello.axf] Error 1

16:19:07 Build Finished (took 1s.668ms)

Thank you

Outcomes