LPC4337 has crashed in debug mode and flash programming isn't working since then

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC4337 has crashed in debug mode and flash programming isn't working since then

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jgorsk on Tue Oct 02 09:53:12 MST 2012
LPC4337 has crashed in debug mode. It's not possible to use the chip since then.
JTAG interface seems to be working but flash programming or erasing over JTAG isn't.
I get this message in Keil when I try to erase the flash memory

'Cannot Load Flash Programming Algorithm'.

When I start the debugger there is an additional message in the output window

Cannot Write to RAM for Flash Algorithms !
Erase Failed!

Is there a solution to this problem or should I replace that chip?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by PhilYoung on Sat Oct 20 15:57:11 MST 2012
this is a common error message when the flash programming algorithms are not configured correctly.
I noticed that the latest config for the LPC43xx seems to specify a ram size of 0x800 which is too small, increasing this to 0x8000 seems to work. This was for external flash programming but may be the same problem.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jgorsk on Fri Oct 05 07:02:15 MST 2012
I changed the state of the boot config pins and then I was able
to program the chip via JTAG. It works fine now.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bavarian on Thu Oct 04 04:23:56 MST 2012
If there is still access via JTAG/SWD, then it should be possible to recover, As I can see different reasons for this problem, here are different hints how to overcome it:

1) Play with the settings for the reset:
   Project Settings --> Debug --> Settings
   - Autodetect
   - VECTRESET

2) Power-on your board in a different bootmode configuration, (e.g. the UART or USB bootmode) before you try programming. This ensures that the chip does not run into a software in the flash which maybe causes this lockout.

3) Use the DFU utility (USB bootmode) to program the flash.

4) Use the latest version of FlashMagic to get flash programming access over UART. (overall a little bit more complicated than the other proposals).

Regards,
NXP Technical Support Team
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by fcarlo on Tue Oct 02 23:42:15 MST 2012
You should be able to recover the uC putting it in ISP programming mode (you can use DFU, for example).

http://www.lpcware.com/content/project/dfu-download-programming-utility-and-security-lpcdfusec-tool
0 Kudos