Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC4350 debugging with Trace32?

Jump to solution
lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by sp on Wed Oct 03 00:21:35 MST 2012
I'm trying to debug the Hitex LPC4350 board with a Trace32.  I can attach to running code and debug happily, but if I bring the system up in the debugger (system.up) then I get stuck in the boot ROM.  If I step through the boot ROM I get to a reference into an undocumented bit of peripheral space and the system resets; if I run the code in the debugger then again I loose control of the system.  If I bring the system out of reset and manually configure the M4MAP to point at my code (in the NOR flash) then (I'm guessing) the memory controller hasn't been configured (by the boot ROM).

Has anyone had any more success than this with this target?

I've also failed miserably to get trace to work, so any advice on this would be welcome.

Lauterbach are being helpful, but I just thought I'd check on here also.

Thanks,
stephen
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
rweiss
Contributor V

Hi Georg,

please go to TRACE32® Start-Up and other Scripts and search for LPC4357. You'll find a bunch of scripts for debugging and tracing, as well as for programming internal FLASH and QSPI FLASH.

Best regards,

Reinhard

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Georg on Wed Mar 19 09:29:32 MST 2014
hi,

can one help me with scipts for lauterbach to debug LPC4357?

I am appreciating if someone can send me working skript file.

thx.

Georg.
0 Kudos
rweiss
Contributor V

Hi Georg,

please go to TRACE32® Start-Up and other Scripts and search for LPC4357. You'll find a bunch of scripts for debugging and tracing, as well as for programming internal FLASH and QSPI FLASH.

Best regards,

Reinhard

0 Kudos
lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by PhilYoung on Sat Oct 20 16:04:49 MST 2012
if you use the debugger to download and run code then the boot loader is not executed so you need to run a script in the debugger to set up the mempory controller and re-map the registers before loading the PC and SP values.

try the flash.ini script which is provided by NXP.
0 Kudos
lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by DF9DQ on Wed Oct 03 01:36:06 MST 2012
Hi Stephen,

I'm using TRACE32 with LPC4350 and LPC4357 (internal flash) successfully. It works fine on the Hitex and Keil boards that I have. Also trace is running perfectly, both the 4-bit output (with Combiprobe) as well as ETB.

Lauterbach already have a version of their software that has all the LPC1800/4300 types integrated, did they send you that one? However, quite honestly, I'm not using that version yet, because all my scripts are still based on the generic Cortex-M4 support that exists in the released versions.

I have scripts available to program the flash on the Hitex board, set up trace, and make debugging as easy as pressing a single button. I can share that all with you if you like. Might be worth creating a TRACE32 page here on lpcware, now that we are already two :-)

Regards,
Rolf
0 Kudos