LPCOpen platform v1.00 with LPC18xx/43xx Xpresso and IAR projects “temporarily removed”

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCOpen platform v1.00 with LPC18xx/43xx Xpresso and IAR projects “temporarily removed”

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ptamo on Tue Feb 05 04:55:05 MST 2013
Hi,

I am developing code with RedSuite for a custom board based on LPC4357. I am currently working on the initialization and validation of the hardware using LPCOpen v0.51. I expect that this new release helps me with some problems that I am having...
The problem is that this v1.00 release has Xpresso projects removed from examples and drivers, so the platform is not usable with RedSuite or Xpresso. The versioning page says that they will be re-enabled in v1.01.

Does anyone has information the timing for this v1.01 release?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wellsk on Wed Feb 06 10:14:00 MST 2013
>I am having trouble to initialize the RTC. At each reset the LPC4357 spends at least 8 seconds executing Chip_RTC_Init(). Once the RTC is initialized it seems to work fine. It gets stuck waiting for the RTC clock reset completion.
You can work around this for now using the attached RTC fix. The fix is only a temporary workaround and the issue is software related with the RTC driver, so a real fix should be available soon.

>Finally I am having some problems using the emwin library. The code execution ends at the HardFault_Handler(). I think that my project is not well configured. I tried to copy the configuration of the emwin example projects without success. Maybe there are some options in the Xpresso example projects that are not fully compatible with code red/xpresso 5, but I dont know for sure.
I'm not sure what this specific issue is - try to get one of the packaged examples working and carefully move it into your project. I believe the examples required SDRAM for the frame buffer - is that available on your prototype? if SDRAM isn't being set and the LCD is attempting to refresh from DRAM, it might cause a hard fault (ie, accessing an un-clocked peripheral). Or of the frame buffer is placed on top of memory in use for your app, it can cause a crash.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ptamo on Tue Feb 05 14:37:23 MST 2013
Thanks for the fast response!

None of the evaluation boards supported by the examples of the LPCopen platform had a peripheral configuration that allowed me to test all the features that I wanted to use in my application. I decided to build my prototype and use it as my own eval board. I am trying to adapt the example projects provided in the LPCopen to my hardware, being able to use them as the basis of my project.
At the moment I have been able to configure and use the SRAM, SPIFI flash, the TFT controller, a memory card with with FatFs and to run FreeRTOS.

I am having trouble to initialize the RTC. At each reset the LPC4357 spends at least 8 seconds executing Chip_RTC_Init(). Once the RTC is initialized it seems to work fine. It gets stuck waiting for the RTC clock reset completion.

Finally I am having some problems using the emwin library. The code execution ends at the HardFault_Handler(). I think that my project is not well configured. I tried to copy the configuration of the emwin example projects without success. Maybe there are some options in the Xpresso example projects that are not fully compatible with code red/xpresso 5, but I dont know for sure.

Regards
Ruben
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wellsk on Tue Feb 05 09:21:00 MST 2013
Yes, v1.01 will be available at the end of Feb or very early March.

>I expect that this new release helps me with some problems that I am having..
Can you detail what types of issue you are having? Maybe we can help there?
0 Kudos