cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum SDRAM size

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bunrockter on Sat Apr 19 00:51:56 MST 2014
Is it possible to use a single 1Gb (32Mx32) device with the LPC4350's EMC? The user manual only has Address mapping examples for, 64Mb, 128Mb, 256Mb, and 512Mb. While I know it isn't the same device, I was reading an App Note for the LPC32xx (http://www.nxp.com/documents/application_note/AN10935.pdf). It seems to have address mappings that are similar to the LPC4350 and it supports 1Gb (32Mx32) devices.

Does anyone know if the LPC4350 will work with and be able to address a whole 1Gb (32Mx32) SDRAM chip? I need to get 128MB of RAM, and I am trying to do it with one chip.

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Pacman on Sat Apr 26 05:32:23 MST 2014
I'll try posting here again...

As I'm still not whitelisted, and still cannot post URLs, I'll outsmart the spam-filter instead.

HappyNicky is an eBay member, who is selling SRAM and SDRAM at affordable prices.
He can do this, because he works with repairing electronics.
He's also fully ESD aware.

The URL is as follows:

[color=#00f]http[/color][color=#00f]:[/color][color=#00f]//[/color][color=#00f]www[/color][color=#00f].[/color][color=#00f]ebay[/color][color=#00f].[/color][color=#00f]com[/color][color=#00f]/[/color][color=#00f]usr[/color][color=#00f]/[/color][color=#00f]happynicky[/color]

-Try listing the items he already has for sale; most likely, he does not have 1Gbit SDRAM for sale right now, but if you ask him, he'll be able to get different kinds of RAM.

Sometimes he can get you used SRAM for a low price, so if you need a couple of chips for prototyping or some experiments, just tell him.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bunrockter on Fri Apr 25 13:19:34 MST 2014
@Pacman If you were sending me a PM I never received it?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Pacman on Tue Apr 22 12:56:08 MST 2014
Hmm. I still can't post it. This is what I get:
"Your submission has triggered the spam filter and will not be accepted. If you feel this is in error, please report that you are blocked."

Yesterday I notified Mollom support about it, but it seems I'm still not white-listed.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nxpsupport on Tue Apr 22 08:59:00 MST 2014
Hi Pacman,

We already have such a policy in place, but it appears that something recently changed as suddenly a number of users have the same problem.  We are looking into what is happening now.

Wikipedia test post:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NXP

Best regards,
-NXP Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Pacman on Mon Apr 21 13:02:29 MST 2014
I can't post my reply, so I'm sending you a PM instead.

NXP: I think that this spam-filter is really a bad choice.

You should allow members that filled in their contact-information (say at least 2 or 3 fields) and also check if posts are >= 10; if they are, don't filter the postings.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bunrockter on Sat Apr 19 13:31:19 MST 2014
Well, now that I am looking for a 1Gb SDR part, I guess the better question is where do I find one? None of the usual memory suppliers seem to have a 1Gb (32Mx32) device. As anyone had any luck finding one?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bunrockter on Sat Apr 19 13:16:22 MST 2014
Thanks for the info. I downloaded the newest User Manual for the 4350 and it has the 1Gb part in it :)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mch0 on Sat Apr 19 04:12:02 MST 2014
Hi,

I'm new to the LPC43xx myself but also working on the SDRAM interface of the LPC4370.
As far as I can see the 32Mx32 configuration is supported. It's the last line of table 431 in the UM 10503, Rev 1.8.

I think the EMC is the same on all LPC43xx, but as said, I'm new to the series.

Mike
0 Kudos