cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to program External Flash in LPC4330

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ajay Thallapalli on Fri Feb 27 02:10:01 MST 2015
Hello,

My problem is how to program external flash using DFU programmer?

Currently I'm started working with LPC4330, but I'm not getting how to program External flash using DFU programer and no supporting document for this.
Currently I'm loading LED blink program using DFU programmer  loading address as 0X14000000 size is 0X10000 after running the code I'm not getting any out put. Can any one help me out from this problem.

Thank you.
Ajay Thallapalli
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Tue Sep 22 00:07:16 MST 2015
Download LPCScrypt and read the docs supplied. You need to use the image_manager utility to add the header to your image.

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tiger001thf on Mon Sep 21 00:08:22 MST 2015
Hello ,
I also have the problem of download code to LPC4330 SPIFLASH with DUF .
The DFU tool have checked the USB connection , and display High Speed USB  .
but when I click start to program, the output log give a message :
"boot header missing from programming algorith, pre-appendboot header "
Does the problem is the Aglo file ???
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Sat Feb 28 02:52:11 MST 2015
For programming LPC18 and LPC43 parts, I recommend that you also take a look at our new tool LPCScrypt.
http://www.lpcware.com/LPCScrypt

LPCScrypt is a command-line based, fast flash, EEPROM, OTP and security programming tool for the LPC18/43 family of microcontrollers. Key features include:

Multi-Platform Support (Windows, Mac, Linux)
    Scriptable command line interface
    Programming of internal and SPIFI flash
        Support for a wide range of SPIFI devices (via use of LPCOpen lpcspifilib)
        Optimised for high speed operation - typically 100-200KB/sec, depending upon flash device, host OS and host computer.
    Programming EEPROM (internal flash parts only)
    Programming One-Time Programmable (OTP) memory
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by embd02161991 on Fri Feb 27 16:26:00 MST 2015
Hi,

Please check the memory map in project. You can take an example from LPCOpen and generate a binary.
Using DFU download the image.
http://www.lpcware.com/content/project/dfu-download-programming-utility-and-security-lpcdfusec-tool/...

Please check the jumper settings on the board to boot from SPIFI.
http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/an11239-boot-mode-jumper-settings-lpc1800-and-lpc4300-boards

Thanks,
NXP Technical Support
0 Kudos