Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NGX LPC4330-Xplorer - Consumption

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Liliz on Tue Jul 21 08:07:29 MST 2015
Hello,

I did a test of power consumption of the NGX demo board, LPC4330-Xplorer and I find the results too high.

The demo board I have has the Ethernet and audio chip removed. The M0 core is in reset and the M4 in sleep (WFI) all the time. The program is on flash.

@204MHz : 136mA

@12MHz : 25mA

Are these results accurate ?
How can I lower the consumption ?

Thanks in advance
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nerd herd on Wed Jul 22 07:50:00 MST 2015
Hi Liliz,

Measuring the power consumption on a particular board and comparing results of someone else's that was measured on another board can be tricky. There are two things that can easily throw people off:

1) The software that the two people used may not be the same. Make sure you turn off as many things as possible. You may also need to adjust the IOs on the board in order to minimize the possibility of any board leakage paths out of the MCU pins.

2) The hardware is different...meaning the point in which you are measuring vs. what I was measuring may be different. At what point on the NGX board are you measuring current consumption? A quick look at the NGX board schematics shows no optimal place to put a ammeter to measure the current consumed by the MCU itself (and not the board components).
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rocketdawg on Tue Jul 21 11:15:32 MST 2015
remove more parts.  There are a lot of parts on that board, EEPROM, several clocks, USB protection, ....

12Mhz : 25mA  is about right for that board.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Liliz on Tue Jul 21 08:28:40 MST 2015
Hello,

I read this topic and I don't understand the difference between nerd herd measurement and mine. Moreover there's no answer to my problem on this topic.

Regards
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Tue Jul 21 08:14:52 MST 2015
There are lots of threads about LPC43xx power consumption. For example
https://www.lpcware.com/content/forum/lpc43xx-sleep-mode-consumption#comment-1141526

DO more searchin on the forum...
0 Kudos