cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use LCD Controller?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kazutomo on Mon Aug 24 08:33:49 MST 2015
Hello everyone.

I want to draw on LCD (ILI9341) using the LPC4088 QSB.
It was successful in that it physically connect LPC4088 QSB display expansion connector on the display.

However, I do not know what I was drawing using the LCD controller how after this.
I tried to call the LCD_Init / LCD_Enable defined in lpc_lcd.h, but this was not the intended behavior.

I expect the support of everyone.

Best regards,
Kazutomo
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kazutomo on Wed Aug 26 08:38:01 MST 2015
Hi andersrosvall.

I know that the proposed ask strategy is the most correct.
However, I would like to work with an eye to the mass production.
To do this, I need to serve the purpose by using the LCD of a specific model number.

I have confirmed the implementation of the EAlib.
This seemed a very simple implementation. I've run the sample code written in the header. However , nothing was displayed on the LCD.
This difference is I thought that arise from differences in the model number of 4.3" LCD expansion board and LCD (DT022-BTFT).

I hope the purpose of the realization by the QVGA LCD that can be used for mass production after prototyping.
Is it going to be a difficult challenge?

Thanks,
Kazutomo
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by andersrosvall on Wed Aug 26 05:48:12 MST 2015
A good strategy is often to start with something that work and then port it to your new setup.
We have for example the LPC4088 Experiment base board, and you can connect our 4.3" LCD expansion board to this. We have ready code for this setup.
Kind Regards,
Anders from EA
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kazutomo on Tue Aug 25 19:12:15 MST 2015
Hi, mc and andersrosvall.

I want to connect with 16bit RGB565 interface. and "IM0: 1, IM1: 0, IM2: 0, IM3: 0" chose.

https://developer.mbed.org/media/uploads/embeddedartists/lpc4088qsbinterfaceexamples_revpa1.pdf
The " Display Expansion to 4.3" 480x272 pixel LCD "section of this article I was connected to the LCD as a reference.

I do not cause something wrong up here?
Also, are there any sample code to be in reference to enable the LCD controller from this state?

Thanks,
Kazutomo
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by andersrosvall on Tue Aug 25 14:50:18 MST 2015
Hi,
If you configure the controller in RGB mode, you can use the on-chip LCD controller in the LPC4088. Else you have to emulate a parallel (typically 8-bit) interface with GPIOs of the LPC4088.
In either case, you will have to read the ILI9341 user manual in detail as well as the code packages that EA has published on the mbed-site.
Kind Regards,
Anders from EA
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Tue Aug 25 11:13:00 MST 2015
Hi Kazutomo,
You can connect ILI9341 in serial or parallel mode(RGB or plain). Depending on this you will have to initialize display controller. Commands can be found in the datasheet at
http://www.newhavendisplay.com/app_notes/ILI9341.pdf

0 Kudos