cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC40xx availability

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ntipping on Mon Nov 30 06:53:43 MST 2015
Hi All,

Would anyone like to share their experiences of obtaining production parts on an on-going basis? I know that NXP have a 10-year guarantee on the production of some parts, but there never seems to be more than a few hundred of anything available anywhere in the world. I was looking at moving an existing design to the LPC17xx a while ago, but was a bit concerned about availability. I've since decided that the LPC40xx family would be a better bet. However, although we only manufacture in very low volumes, I'm shocked at the lack of product availability, particularly in the UK and particularly in the lower pin count LQFP packages. Even if I look at international suppliers, I might find a few hundred in stock in one particular package (say LQFP100) from one particular supplier. Other packages are generally shown as 0 stock, x weeks lead time, none on order. The parts look fantastic, but is it a reliable design-in? This isn't a recent perception. I've been monitoring availability for more than a year. Anyone have experiences they wish to share?

Thanks in advance.

Nick Tipping
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ntipping on Wed Dec 09 03:20:27 MST 2015
Ok. Thank you.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by THammer on Tue Dec 08 02:55:39 MST 2015
Don't know, the manufacturing is at a subcontractor. I just know there is no problems :-)
The packet we use is the LPC4078FBD144.
Lately I bought 10 pcs. at Mouser.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ntipping on Tue Dec 08 02:17:07 MST 2015
Thanks for the reply, THammer. Do you have a supplier that you would recommend?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by THammer on Mon Dec 07 23:36:23 MST 2015
We have been using the LPC4078 in small scale production for just over a year now. No sourcing problems so far.
0 Kudos