Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware Reset

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Cusko on Fri Aug 09 07:46:27 MST 2013
I have one strange behaviour. I have board with an external SDRAM, LPC1857 and SPIFI. I load one big graphical program with emWin included.
The problem is that if using that program I must push hardware reset twice to reset the program. The first time I press the reset only a LCD turns white and the program stops. When I hit the button the second time program reset normaly. If I have a smaller program loaded into internal flash the program reset normally the first time. Any idea why is this happening?

I can reset the program with no problem in a debug mode.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kbpalve on Tue Oct 08 22:28:28 MST 2013
I have problem with LPC2368 , controller does not give any response after reset/power on.
How should i check controller is working or not?
Please help.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by kbpalve on Tue Oct 08 22:27:32 MST 2013

Quote: mc
Hi,
Are you running code from internal flash or QSPI flash?

I have problem with LPC2368 , controller does not give any response after reset/power on.
How should i check controller is working or not?
Please help.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by usb10185 on Mon Aug 12 07:27:33 MST 2013
Hi,

If you can provide the Micron Q-SPI part numbers will help.Can you also share the exact LPC part and package marking?
The issue could be due to the LPC part coming out of Reset before the Micron part is ready to be accessed. If possible bring up the Q-SPI first and then release the LPC reset.

Thanks,
Ken
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Cusko on Sat Aug 10 00:47:56 MST 2013
Part of the code is on the SPIFI memory. We used a SPANSION spifi before and reset went normal. But now we are using a MICRON spifi and double reset is necessary. We discovered this late yesterday evening, so we found one Spansion spifi and change it. And now the reset went to normal again. Is there any solution for Micron spifi except changing it? 
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Fri Aug 09 11:11:06 MST 2013
Hi,
Are you running code from internal flash or QSPI flash?
0 Kudos