Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset doesn´t work as aspected after Firmwareupdate

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ben Sch on Fri Sep 18 01:28:31 MST 2015
Hi there,

i´m using a LPC1857 and wrote a firmware which uses only one of the internal flash banks.
After writing a new firmware with the IAP function into the not used flash bank and updating the signatures(old one unvalid, new one valid) i´m trying to do an reset to let the controller start with the internal bootloader to check the signatures and start with the new, valid firmware.

When trying to reset the controller with the CORE reset, it hangs in an unknown state and can only be started again with a hardreset.
If reseting with PERIPHAL or MASTER reset the controller starts the old Firmware with the unvalid signature.
After a hardreset over the button it starts with the new valid firmware.

Can you please help me with a solution to my problem?

Thanks a lot and greetings
Ben
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ben Sch on Mon Sep 21 01:31:50 MST 2015
Hi Martin,

thx, in fact I have the old Revision .4 of the errata, where the RGU is mentioned in the Revision history but then not mentioned in the sheet itself.
This answers the questions about the Master and Peripheral Reset!

thx and greetings
ben
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Fri Sep 18 11:25:00 MST 2015
Hi Ben,
It may be going into ISP mode. Could you please ensure that P2_7 is high during boot? You can set this pin in input pull-up mode before invoking core reset.
If something is connected on this pin, please add a pull-up resistor so it is not pull-down by the external component .
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mysepp on Fri Sep 18 10:45:08 MST 2015
Hi Ben,

have you seen the errata of LPC1857, especially RGU.1?

Errata can be found here:
https://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/errata-sheet-lpc185x-lpc183x-lpc182x-lpc181x-flash-based-dev...

Best regards,

Martin
0 Kudos